acceptable price for b18a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

XZILER8

My local salvage yard has a 1991 complete b18A1 liftout available. They are asking $1200.

I've talked them down on past purchases, so I know they are more than likely willing to negotiate.

Is $1200 an acceptable / good / bad price for that liftout (swap) ?

i got my COMPLETE b18a swap for 1600 canadian.

it included, motor with 160,000 km's
tranny
Brand new axels
Ecu
wiring harness
distrib starter and everything else like that

holy crap your junkyards are rapists I wouldnt pay more than $700 complete. I dont know where your located but here in wisconsin a b18A isnt that hard to find probably because not many people know how to swap and the junkyard guys have no clue about honda's.

I picked up mine for $350cdn!!! what a steal thats like $250us eh!
BUT the punkass didnt tell me hes keeping the flywheel/clutch assembly i thought no big deal ill get ACT stuff. well im a real noob so I got :owned: I had to find out on my own that the alternator was shit, he kept the fuel rail and injectors, starter, driver side mount bracket even frikin flywheel inspection cover! and I had to get about $120 in bolts from acura as well as an alternator bracket...also the intermediate shaft
Soo...
b18a tranny ecu 350
AZ mounts,shift lnkg and mount bracket 700 (about)
ACT flywheel clutch and p.plate 600 (about)
bolts and rear mount bracket 200
starter and alt from junkyard 120
Raxles custom axles 500
fuel rail and injectors 50
-----------
$2520cdn
:wall:
I still have yet to get the intermediate shaft and flywheel cover...and now that the motor is in Im not getting spark lemme guess he gave me a shit dizzy too!? theres another couple hundred bucks :rawr:
I was planning to have the car done about oh..5 months ago...seriosly I feel sick when i go in the garage I just dont feel like doing any work on it anymore
:baby:
I truly truly wished i just got another complete swap and kept this as a spare

Originally posted by racerxb20z@Oct 5 2003, 10:10 AM
holy crap your junkyards are rapists I wouldnt pay more than $700 complete. I dont know where your located but here in wisconsin a b18A isnt that hard to find probably because not many people know how to swap and the junkyard guys have no clue about honda's.

$700 for a full swap, or just the engine?

That's seems WAY cheap to me for a full swap.

I'm finally financially ready to buy a swap, but would prefer to buy locally so I'm not wasting money on shipping.

Give me the final yes or no, is $1200 for the full swap overpriced?

i just got my b18a today for $700 and that was engine, tranny, ecu and new clutchmaster stage 1 clutch and i didnt really have to look too hard. so im sure u can find better. good luck

I live in Los Angeles and my junkyard sells me a cmplete b18a or b swap for the same price 1300 so its probably a good deal,try and get him to go a bit lower like
1,050 with everything for the swap and i mean everything make sure he gives you EVERYTHING. GoOd LuCk :later

Back