Accord 01 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

01AccordCpeEX

Is it possible to swap in an F20C1 engine that's in an S2000 into a 2001 EX Coupe, it displaces only 2.0 liters vs the 2.3 that my F23A does.

If it is possible do you think it's worth the extra 20 horsepower than putting in an H22A?

Also, are the transmissions compatible with the F20C1?

And finally, I've heard that swapping a more powerful engine into my car causes the windshield to crack from the stress on the car's frame, has anyone else heard of this happening and is there anything else I should be wary of when swapping?

you cant put an f20c into an accord because the f20c is RWD and your accord isnt.

I would just get the H22A ...

and i dont think a honda motor would be powerful enough to crack a windshield :)

Is it possible to swap in an F20C1 engine that's in an S2000 into a 2001 EX Coupe, it displaces only 2.0 liters vs the 2.3 that my F23A does.

If it is possible do you think it's worth the extra 20 horsepower than putting in an H22A?

Also, are the transmissions compatible with the F20C1?

And finally, I've heard that swapping a more powerful engine into my car causes the windshield to crack from the stress on the car's frame, has anyone else heard of this happening and is there anything else I should be wary of when swapping?

whoever told you that needs :nutkick: and why would you wanna spend that much money for 20 horses?

Hey guys, thanks for the info. Didn't realize it was RWD. I just saw the Horsepower on the S2000 engine and figured it would be the best.

About the cracked windshields, the guy that told me races cars on a closed course in Virginia. He said he's seen guys racing cars like mine with after market mods including engine swaps and saw a guy's windshield get cracked in the upper left hand corner after a day at the track. He just figured since the cars get pushed real hard the windshield cracked because it wasn't built for the extra power. My guess is that the guy had done a lot more to the engine after he swapped it in.

I'm pretty new to the engine swapping thing but this blog is great! BTW, I saw a 6th Gen. Accord like mine with a J32A2 engine in it SUPERCHARGED!! It had a CL 6-speed Tranny in it. I saw it in one of those Sport Compact Import Tuner mags, I'm not bullshitting either. The guy spent like twice the price of the car new just modifying the engine, but he did it. Smart dude too, he said he was able to get the car sponsored by different companies and shops which financed the mods in exchange for the publicity. How much do you think just a swap would cost? -Thanks

I'm not exactly sure how much a swap like that would run, whatever the cost of the motor, tranny, ecu, axles, mounts, and probably a grand or so worth of labor charges. Also, I don't know if there's any specific issues when swapping a V6 into a chassis that originally came with a 4 cylinder. I'm betting the guy with the blown J32 probably started out with a V6 (the J30 I believe), so swapping to the J32 would be pretty much a bolt-in in that situation.

Since your car is a 4-cylinder I'd probably look towards the H22 rather than a V6. It's pretty much a bolt-in swap for 4 banger Accords.

Back