Accord bouncing Idle Blues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordian

94 Accord EX
When the clutch is in or it's just idling in neutral. The idle will bounce up to about 1,500 Rpm and fall down to 500ish and repeat. Pumping the brakes intensifies the bouncing, and about 2 months ago would be the only reason the car ever did this. Very recently the temp gauge kept rising way higher then normal and eventually maxed out. SO I checked the coolant and it was empty??!! So I filled it and problem of overheating solved. The idling issue seems to have gotten better. Any ideas?

May be a headgasket, but if its not overheating then prolly not. A guy on here a lil bit ago had the same issues.

Mine does it from time to time, I took some Carb Cleaner on a rag and opened the butterfly and cleaned out the TB real good. Clean the edge of the butterfly too.

When mine does it I blip the throttle quick and it stops, a bit annoying but it works.

bliping the throttle used to work for me, but it has gotten to where it doesn't help. I think It may have been from air or bubbles in my coolant, probly because I had hardly any and my resivor was dry, I haven't gotten a chance to really drive it since I filled it, maybe that fixed it.

check your vacuum hoses? maybe you have one that is cracked and sprung a leak.

The problem is the thermal valve under the throttle body.
take a wrench unbolt it from the throttle body. take out the 3 10mm bolts and then use take out the 2 6.5mm(or 8mm) bolts from the flat side and screw the plastic piece inside down. problem fixed

Back