Accord Carbs....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Been fucking with Walters damn accord...his carb is FUBAR.....

My back is killing me, its cutting into my sleep time....and it's a POS.(the carb)

Fucked up thing...is he's put over 50,000 miles on the car.....and the secondary butterfly was rusted shut.

the car has nearlly 200K's on it.....pissing oil, and all kinds of crap on the garage floor....and tommorrow...I get the joys of ripping that carb off, marking the hundreds of hoses on it...and trying to free up the secondary throttle shaft...I can hardly wait. If this little operation doesn't work....then another car gets to set at my driveway until parts can be found.

in regards to my carbed crx... fucking junk it. tell walter to get another car. you will never, NEVER get those hoses back on the way they were.

spray penetrating lube down there with it still on the car... See if it frees it up.. :) Then just dribble some gas down to wash the penetrating lube out... Just be careful... it might backfire... Done that before on an old carb'd cavalier. :)

the bearing or sleeve that helps the secondary shaft rotate is rusted over...solid...PB blasster, and literally taking everything apart to get a vice grip on to the shaft...and trying to tap it to free it up...and no go....put it all back together...and it's just not working right...I got a little bit of air to flow across the butterfly...which is a good sign....but now the car wont idle right. I'll give it one more day to screw around with it, and see what happens.

if all else fails, beat it with a baseball bat...LOL. thatll either make it work or make it worse but either way you got to get some frustration out on it :)

Remove the vac hoses from the carb side. They are all bent to their proper positions and clipped in the way they are supposed to be go.

It's easy, when you trust the force.

-> Steve

Of the Honda carbs I've seen, the only ones that had their secondaries rusted shut were the ones that were driven by granny-drivers... they were rusted shut from underuse! Tell him to get on the gas and open that secondary up more! :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
AH! Finally, a way I can be useful vehicle wise!

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=11067

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=5350

That should be all you need to know :)

Your my new hero... :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

No problem! If the car's pissing oil from the driver's side, it's more than likely the oil pump gaskets. You'll need all three but it cleared up the problem for me after the car leaked oil for 4+ years. Oil leaks no more!

funny thing is, dave and i frequent that site to figure out how to swap his accord.... and i never even though of it!

The carbs are almost identical, but that first drawing is a completely different de-vac procedure than the one we suggest at the red pepper racing site... looks like it keeps the cold start features intact. I'll have to try that one out. :)

Quoted post[/post]]
The carbs are almost identical, but that first drawing is a completely different de-vac procedure than the one we suggest at the red pepper racing site... looks like it keeps the cold start features intact. I'll have to try that one out. :)

i followed steve's (crxfanatic) how-to exactly... and i couldnt get my crx to run :cry:

Well...I got the carb off today, had to cut a lot of hoses...and sure enough...the damn secondary is friggen frozen solid...no amount of cleaning, soaking, tapping and cranking will free it up...and the point of this fix was to get the car drivable for his buddy for a winter beater...so the price of even getting a carb for it, the near 200K miles on the engine, being ran on only the primary throttle plate for the last 50+Ks....I see no possible way to get the car to pass emmissions for the guy that is buying it in less than a few days....that will not involve spending more money than what the car is worth...he was going to pay $400 for it...and with a better carb and a few vaccum lines, and a 13" tire...it would be possible to be road worthy again.

So it will be pushed out into the road infront of my house tommorrow...with a signed title in the glovebox...and a tow truck for a car donation junkyard will be called...unless someone close wants to take the project on for a decent winter beater of a few bones....

I might type up something tonight in the For sale forum...but it has to be gone ASAP....towed away and out of my eyesight in 2 days.....

I got the Z's coming up tommorrow for their future demise.....and I need the space.

DSC01041.JPG

POS :p

Back