accord dx 2.2 head swap with a V-tech

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rhtuner

o.k here is the deal i have an 90 accord and i want to do a head swap. 2.2 stock engine and all i really do not know what the hp's are on the stock one i think it is around 135hp or 145 hp but what i want to do is swap it with like a v-tec head. does anyone have any knowledge on this.

would i need a v-tec controler or what as you can see i do want the car to go fast. HELP!

Use the search function. This question has been asked countless times before.

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...showtopic=20995

Oh, and

vtech.jpg

:werd:

I'll give you a half-ass answer since you are a NOOB. You have an F22A. Vtec would be F22B1(you'll love the reference section, engines). The heads would not line up right, you'd still have to wire Vtec, and buy a computer. All for 10 hp. Simply a huge waste of cash.

If all these people who spell vtec wrong actually knew what it meant, I'm sure they'd spell it right. Most ricers just hear V-tech and think fast. Check my sig.
Vtec pwns j0o!!1!

Originally posted by khrisb@Oct 4 2003, 09:12 PM
If all these people who spell vtec wrong actually knew what it meant, I'm sure they'd spell it right. Most ricers just hear V-tech and think fast. Check my sig.
Vtec pwns j0o!!1!

duh. everyone knows v-tec stands for
V-ery
T-all
E-ngine
C-oolant

:lol: :D

p.s. you'd understand if you saw the video.

Wow! you came up with that all buy your self good job BUDDY! So you did dail that number 1(800) ABC-DEFG.

Originally posted by rhtuner@Oct 5 2003, 09:56 PM
Wow! you came up with that all buy your self good job BUDDY! So you did dail that number 1(800) ABC-DEFG.

obviously you didn't read my post to the fullest extent. you would have had to seen the video of the o3 cobra with the vtec stickers to understand that. you may now drink a nice cup of STFU.

damn nOOb

so a sohc vtec only exists for fuel economy huh! o.k. so what about turbo what kind of set up would i need for that since i now have read that i will be only getting 10 more horse out of it. and can a turbo be set up on f22 i mean i see that it is mentioned but what kind off setup. and what about cams if any one knows what is good for this engine. would i need to change it for a turbo setup

since you are allready dealing with a tank of a car. do yourself a favor. save up for an h series motor. an h23 or an h22 will give you much more potential than an f22. and much more power turbo'd :p

Originally posted by jdmlude92+Oct 6 2003, 03:57 AM-->
@Oct 5 2003, 09:56 PM

obviously you didn't read my post to the fullest extent. you would have had to seen the video of the o3 cobra with the vtec stickers to understand that. you may now drink a nice cup of STFU.

damn nOOb

:newbie: you're a noob too dummy! :fuckyou:

i might be a nOOb to this site. but not a nOOb to honda's. i have a very vast knowledge and you yourself know this zac. lol.although i couldn't fix your problem when i came down to visit ya. but it's all good.

there was no fixing the lude :lol:

oh well, at least asshat theifs can be helpful even if they don't know it :lol:

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@Oct 10 2003, 09:18 AM
there was no fixing the lude :lol:

oh well, at least asshat theifs can be helpful even if they don't know it :lol:

very true. fucking thiefs stealing gods gift to sports cars (4th gen lude).......:)............we'll find em bro.

Back