Accord h22 1990

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

{PMS}fishy

I recently purchased a 1990 Honda Accord 5spd from the original owner for $100. Yes that is $100. It came with all the service documents, and everything was done at a Honda Dealership. It has 130,000mi on it, and is in good condition.

What I cannot figure out is why the car is so painfully slow. I also have a 1991 Integra (currently blown tranny) and the Integra seems like it is twice as fast. Is the gearing really super long on the tranny, or is the motor really underpowered for this car?

Everything that I have looked at so far shows the motor to be 140hp and the car to only be slightly heaiver than the Integra. The car is too slow to get out of its own way, and even at slow rolling starts I need to be in 1st gear. I understand that the accord is a faimly car, and it does have a SOHC as opposed to the Integra. Am I missing somehting here, any good ways to get a bit more power out of this dog? Let me know, and thanks in advance.

yes tehre is. as ur thread title says , use an h22a. the F22a is ok, but h22a ownz it.and ur lucky u have a 1990, cause its the 1st year the h22a fits in the accord chassis.

anything is possible, but it would be more expensive than buying the right engine, and harder, way harder. H22's aren't that much money anymore. BTW, accord gearing is as long as it gets, a shorter geared tranny would help, or maybe a hotter cam.

dude, no u cant unless u spend more $$ than the h22a swap itself. go out get the engine tranny ecu and axels and have a nice fast car.

^^^there you go,

the h series seems the way to go on that chassis.

Back