Accord H22 faced with S.C or Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordturbo94

Well I decided im going to stick with my honda and not go with the wrx! I figure i owe 2k on my car and it would be my only bill! The rex was going to be 275 a month and 250 for insurance a month! Shit I pay under my dads name 196 a year!(full coverage) Come on now.. Anyways I figured I cant have everything and am now looking to super charge or turbo this motor! I know the Jackson will not fit the 92-96 because of fitment issues but now that i retro fited the H22 in my accord.. it seems to look like it has plenty of room! I dont know anyone who has done it and i would hate to spend all that money for it not to fit.. the biggest problem i see with that is the FMU they provide with the kit. Im not sure if its intended for only OBDII cars or not. The other possibility I have is a turbo.. like everyone else I like the way they sound and what not.. I would like to do the S.C because of the fact that its going to be a little easier for me to do! Ive had my car turboed in the past.. but only with a semi professional built kit so it was the ushual fabrication turbos take! One big problem I face with the turbo is.. is it boosting on the highway! I believe im at 4k in fifth gear on the h22 tranny! I use to have the f22 tranny but i just tosed it and would hate having to buy another! Unless theres a turbo with a bigger lag time so it wont boost untill 5k or so! I already have traction problems! Im just confused on what I should do! I know i dont want to rebuild the motor with beefed up internals so i want to run small boost levels! this is a show car its going in so i dont need the off the wall strip setup! any help?

boost is not strictly rpm based. crusing on the highway, no matter what your rpm, it is doubtfull you will be in boost. it takes more than 5% throttle to make boost.

if its a show car.... then why bother?

buy a beater hatch and boost that or something

If someone would only try! But If i do sway for turbo whats the best way to go? Im figuring running 5psi so It will be very reliable and safe! Im unsure of what turbo and fuel management to go with! I can not run hondata for I live no where close where people are trained with them and I trust! I was thinking some kind of bigger injectors and a fuel pressure riser!

:p 5 psi?? then why bother with turbo? :blink: Get ZEX nitro kit! Its safe if you use 50 shot! If you still want turbo you will spend almost 5 grand to buy and install it! I have 94 Honda Accord with H-22 Turbo! I would suggest T3/T4 turbo and you can boost safely at 7 psi. For fuel I like AEM fuel rail, RC injectors, Weapon-R Fuel pressure regulator, XS Enineering fuel pump. Thats me though! Just my 2 sent worth :angry:

BTW: nitro you can get for 500$ and turbo atleast 2500$ :unsure:

Originally posted by aCCoRD-TyPe-R@Dec 10 2003, 10:00 PM
:p 5 psi?? then why bother with turbo? :blink: Get ZEX nitro kit! Its safe if you use 50 shot! If you still want turbo you will spend almost 5 grand to buy and install it! I have 94 Honda Accord with H-22 Turbo! I would suggest T3/T4 turbo and you can boost safely at 7 psi. For fuel I like AEM fuel rail, RC injectors, Weapon-R Fuel pressure regulator, XS Enineering fuel pump. Thats me though! Just my 2 sent worth :angry:

The name accordturbo probable mean my car was turbo'd! So I can install it all myself! You dont need a lot of boost to make power! 5psi is still going to make a noticeable impact! So your saying unless your boosting 7 and up its not worth it?? ooookkkk. Anyways I was figuring running t3/t4 turbo, Tial wastegate, front mount intercooler! Im still unsure what manifold to buy.. any ideas?? also would it be safe to run stock injectors and just get something like a vortec fpr for this amount of boost?

Originally posted by aCCoRD-TyPe-R@Dec 10 2003, 10:00 PM

:newbie:

you are correct sir,

my friend was only boosting 4psi on his b20/vtec turbo hatch and that car was quick. so yes boosting even 5 pounds would still make a very nice difference especially on an H22.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Dec 10 2003, 10:18 PM
you are correct sir,

my friend was only boosting 4psi on his b20/vtec turbo hatch and that car was quick. so yes boosting even 5 pounds would still make a very nice difference especially on an H22.

Thanks at least someone knows whats going on!

Back