accord mini me possibility?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

could you use the head of an ex and put it on the lx block? does the ex head have a higher compression? what else would i need....pistons different, cams, anything? just wonderin!!

It can be done.

I'm not sure what it does to the compression. I believe it stays the same, but don't quote me on that.

You'd need, at the very least, the complete head, intake manifold, VTEC water pump, POSSIBLY a VTEC crank pulley, VTEC timing belt, VTEC computer.

After all is said and done and paid for, you'll see about a 10 horsepower (to the flywheel, not wheels) gain. Maybe a few foot pounds of torque as well.

Why not double what you spend and get a 65 horsepower increase with 25 extra foot-pounds of torque?

:ditto:
As usual, he's right. I have done a headswap on a F series. It is easy out of the car, but it would be a lot harder in the car. I spent $80 on a headgasket, and I fabricated my own intake gasket. The exhaust is reusable copper. Shitload of work for little gain. Instead, use boost, NOS, change the cam, add a header, or just buy a better engine. A F22B(jdm) or H23 would be a easy swap, and not too hard on the wallet.
That's the rizzle on the dizzle Seany-izzle. :p

Back