1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accord Motor Questions

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Novtec, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Novtec

Novtec Junior Member

Anyone here know if it is possible to take a f22a1 block, and put an f22b1 head on it?? and if so what would need to be done..or Just any f22 head w/vtec..any help would be appreicated......Thanks!!!!

2. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Have you searched the forums yet? This has already been answered.

3. EGHatch93

EGHatch93 Junior Member

Yes, its been done, but only for turbo purposes. Just because they have more aftermarket accessories for turbo applications on the F22b's.

The F series motors aren't like the B and D series. Swapping heads isn't going to give you a BIG increase in horsepower like the D series or B's. I think with the F22b head, it only gives you like 10-15 horsepower if im not mistaken. Correct me if i'm wrong people. That's why alot go with the simple bolt in H22 :) Otherwise, i suggest getting the EX or SE F22a6 intake mani and exhaust manifolds. This, i heard, increases horsepower too and you wouldn't have to mess with wiring or different ECU's and such. Hope this helps. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted