Accord P/S question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

accordguy

Has anyone successfully used an accord power steering assembly on a h22 swap yet. If so could someone explain to me what was necessary and steps that were used to do this.

Im just about to do my h22a swap on my 94 accord have heard that the accord p/s pump fouls on he bonnet hence why i think alot of folk just use the preludes p/s pump

[quote name='Accord Guy' date='Apr 11 2006, 02:26 PM' post='676790']
[quote name='2.3 prelude' post='676664' date='Apr 11 2006, 06:42 AM']
Im just about to do my h22a swap on my 94 accord have heard that the accord p/s pump fouls on he bonnet hence why i think alot of folk just use the preludes p/s pump
[/quote]

Here the situation, I’ve been doing some research on other boards and one person told me that on his 4th gen 90-93 accord is running an h22 swap with the accord power steering bracket and accord power steering pump. Now it’s easy to assume that both the 4th gen and the 5th gen accord with an h22 swap will sit the same in both chassis. I would hope so, but something tells me this is not he case, does anyone know for sure. Just liked Tab mentioned it may be possible to use an accord bracket with accord pump, but there may be hood clearance issues. So if this other person is telling me that on his 4th gen accord, that accord bracket/pump setup worked fine. I’m wondering if it will be the case with my 5th gen accord.

I am using a 97+ Prelude PS pump bracket and my 94 Accord PS pump on my H22 with no issues.

Quoted post[/post]]
I am using a 97+ Prelude PS pump bracket and my 94 Accord PS pump on my H22 with no issues.

What model Prelude bracket are you using? (Base or SH) Reason I ask is thus, i am currently at the stage of my F22 - H22 transplant where i am pulling the PS, AC compressor and Alternator off my old F22 and bolting them to my shiny new H22. I know i can use the H22 brackets for the Alt. and AC but i have to use the 97 lude bracket, I asked on HT.com but got no answer other than "use a 97 lude one"

Just some piccies BTW of my H22 at the moment:

136712362_a518d6abf5_d.jpg

136716937_30f69739ee_d.jpg

I just did a swap in my 90 accord and what i did was used the p/c bracket that came with my original f22 accord motor and used my orignal p/s pump. What you do have to do is cut a piece of metal tubing or use nuts to shim behind the hole on the bracket. The reason for that is there is a small gap betwen the bracket and the head. This way it has extra support. You can still use your orignal bracket bolts that came with the car there all the same size. Now the furthest hole to you left will have to be left unattached since there is no where to attach it to the block. Not a hard fit to make, but works fine.

kurtis

Back