Accord/Prelude 1/4 mile times

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HONDAPITSTOP

I know there is a general thread of 1/4 times but I was interested in comparing Accords and Preludes both stock, swapped and or modified just to see the differences. I'll start out by posting my info. Try to follow the same format as I used below so it will be easy to see details and compare.

BEST: 14.871 @ 94.45

DATE: 03/20/04
TRACK: Woodburn, OR
TEMP: Temp. F.=66, Relative Humidity=0, Absolute Barometer=31.71
CAR: 95 Accord EX Sedan, MT, JDM H22A, NA, Open Diff.
WEIGHT: 2,750lbs w/o driver, 2,900lbs w/driver
GAS: 91 Oct. Pump Gas
MODS: AEM V2 Intake, Custom cat-back 2.125 Exhaust piping with dynomax
muffler, DC Sports Stainless Steel 4-2-1 Header, A/C and PS removed,
Magnacor Spark Plug Wires, Cold spark plugs - NGK R ZFR7F11,
AEM Adjustable Cam gears.

Details on the lightening I did can be viewed by clicking here

Bruce

Originally posted by JDMilan@Mar 23 2004, 01:57 AM
what was your 60footer.....?

my 60' was 2.381

Is that good or bad? I felt a bit of wheel spin but without an outside video shot I'm not sure how much I was spinning.
Bruce

2.381 shows me that you definitely had some wheel spin. You want to try and get that under 2.3. Try for atleast a 2.2 or lower.

Peace*

Ok thanks for the info :)
Maybe I'll feather the throttle a bit more on the launch.
I wonder if drag tires will help at all on the launch since I have an open differential (non-LSD) tranny?

Ok Accord and Prelude owners. Am I the only one on here that has run the qtr mile at the track in an Accord or Prelude? Please see the first post on this thread and then post your qtr mile times in the same format as my first post purty please :)

Spanks alot ;)
Bruce

I haven't been to the track but I raced my buddy's LS hatch swap who has been there. He posted a 14.6 on street tires.
My Car:
93" prelude si body/tranny
jdm h22
msd 6al/blaster 3
jdm header
aem intake
tanabe cat back with hollow cat
P 72 computer w/ Vafc
ACT solid 6 puc w/ xtreme plate
mild gut
14" nitto drag radials

I beat him to 100mph with at least a car's length between us. We raced twice and both got GOOD dead even starts both times. We were pretty even when I was toppin' out 2nd (he was deep in third) then my car really pulled away hard after about 65-70. Damn good and fun race though. My car trips me out for a mildly stock prelude. I smash on a lot of cars most people think would get an h22 prelude.

Do you have an LSD Tranny?

You should go to the track and test out your car :) It's fun and no speeding tickets for going 100mph at the track ;)

Bruce

I'll probably go in the summer. I have a H22A LSD auto tranny I still need to install. Plus, it's about 2.5 hours to the closest track :angry:

2.5 hours is far but could be a good road trip :D
LSD auto tranny. I didn't even know they made an LSD in Auto. That's cool :)

93 Accord EX Coupe
Weight= Who Knows? I have a 50lb speaker box in my trunk and I'm like 200lbs. so go figure.

Engine= JDM h22a (at the time, since replaced) w/lsd A/T

Time = 14.4 @98(?)

Mods = DC Header to stock Accord exhaust. That's it.

:D It's your average GSR killer family car..

Thanks for posting your timeslip

14.4@98mph is pretty good for a non LSD AT 92 Accord JDM H22A and no weight lightening.
It would be interesteing to see what time you can post with your LSD AT.

BTW: I weigh my car by pulling it into truck scales. Usually I can find some that aren't being used and still have the scales turned on. Otherwise I'll just ask the scale operators if it's not busy if they'll weigh my car. It only takes a couple of seconds to weigh so it pretty cool to see what your actual weight of your car including the driver so you can calculate your WHP to some degree.

Bruce

im proud of this one....i ran my 91 accord lx 5spd. totally stock, i ran a 16.9. i heard that was fast for a stock family car. but i dunno

Originally posted by gotLX?@Mar 26 2004, 08:52 PM
im proud of this one....i ran my 91 accord lx 5spd. totally stock, i ran a 16.9. i heard that was fast for a stock family car. but i dunno

That is pretty good for a stock lx f series engine.
What track did you run that at and do you remember about what the temp outside was?

Originally posted by sleepn_accord@Mar 26 2004, 03:16 PM

He said that he had LSD.

I'll have the same engine and stuff.

92 Honda Accord LX, in sig
JDM H22A
JDM P13 ECU
F22A auto tranny(what can I say, I bought the LSD AT, but the F22 AT won't die)
Probably putting in the H22A AT this weekend.
Four door, approx 3000+ driver(215)
Cold Air intake
Aftermarket header and 2.5 inch catback
Stock cat with a little port polishing
One badass driver(USDM)

I'd be happy with <15 secs. :)

Got my H22A LSD tranny in today. [/threadjack]

I'll try to make the track this summer.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Apr 22 2004, 11:08 PM
I'm glad to see my old baby is kicking some ass at the track. :)

Hey Chris :) Good to hear from you!

She's going again to kick some more at the NWMaxima.com and Toyo Tires imports drag at Woodburn, OR this Saturday May 1st. The maximas there are in for a real surprise. LOL.
Hopefully, none of them will bring a 350z or I'll be the one getting the spanking ;)

Just to keep on topic - She's getting a Quaife LSD hopefully this week if it get's delivered in time before the race this Saturday. We'll see if that helps the wheel spin and 1/4 mile times. Although it supposed to be 85 degrees this Saturday so that's going to hurt my 1/4 mile times compared to the nice cool weather at the last race.

Stay tuned for results ;o)

Originally posted by tab+Apr 23 2004, 12:46 AM-->
sleepn_accord
@Mar 26 2004, 03:16 PM

He said that he had LSD.

I'll have the same engine and stuff.

92 Honda Accord LX, in sig
JDM H22A
JDM P13 ECU
F22A auto tranny(what can I say, I bought the LSD AT, but the F22 AT won't die)
Probably putting in the H22A AT this weekend.
Four door, approx 3000+ driver(215)
Cold Air intake
Aftermarket header and 2.5 inch catback
Stock cat with a little port polishing
One badass driver(USDM)

I'd be happy with <15 secs. :)

Doh my bad on missing he said he had an LSD ;)

You'll should sub 15 seconds with an H22A and you'll ask yourself why you didn't put the H22A in sooner. :D Then again money doesn't grow on trees and Honda engines last forever if they're half way taken care of that's for sure!

Originally posted by HONDAPITSTOP+Apr 27 2004, 10:39 AM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@Apr 22 2004, 11:08 PM
I'm glad to see my old baby is kicking some ass at the track. :)

Hey Chris :) Good to hear from you!

She's going again to kick some more at the NWMaxima.com and Toyo Tires imports drag at Woodburn, OR this Saturday May 1st. The maximas there are in for a real surprise. LOL.
Hopefully, none of them will bring a 350z or I'll be the one getting the spanking ;)

Just to keep on topic - She's getting a Quaife LSD hopefully this week if it get's delivered in time before the race this Saturday. We'll see if that helps the wheel spin and 1/4 mile times. Although it supposed to be 85 degrees this Saturday so that's going to hurt my 1/4 mile times compared to the nice cool weather at the last race.

Stay tuned for results ;o)

Awesome. :) That car did always need an LSD. I was just too poor to shell out the money for it.

Can't wait to see the results from your track days. I want a little "Z" emblem on the car for every Nissan you kill.

Back