1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

accord swap vacum lines

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by 67accordman, Jun 25, 2006.

1. 67accordman

67accordman Junior Member

My vacum lines on my accord are confusing me and would greatly appreciate it if anyone would help me out on this problem. i have a 91 accord lx with a jdm h22a obd1 and havin problems with the routing and check engine light codes. what the hell is goin on with the black box and where would i connect these at or would i need to get different sensors to make this work. my car is idling from 1000-2000 and will rev alrite but when i put it in gear to drive it bogs down will stuggle and sputter in 1st and all gears. my codes are flashing the TPS, and MAP sensor codes.

2. tab

tab Super Moderator

Throttle position sensor isn't vacuum related.

Route the hoses as if the car was stock.

3. TeamUrbanChaos

TeamUrbanChaos Certified H22 Super-tech

well lets see.....

first, that black box your refering to is you map sensor box which also houses your intake ait temp sensor (Iat). i do know for a fact that the stock jdm h22a manifold only has provisions for about either 5 or 6 routes to run vaccum lines. i have a 92 accord with the same "black box" what i had to do was go and purchase vaccum line spliters and run 2 vaccum line off of one vaccum inlet..

to be quite honest with you, i didint know exactly where all the vacum lines when but i do kno for sure that all the hoses comming from the map sensor box route into the intake manifold closest to the throttle body. there should be 2 or 3 available above the throttle body depending on what h22 you have. all the other vaccum line i kinda just put whereever there was an available opening. ill take a pic for u later of my so u can see how i routed mine.

as far as your TPS goes...thats kind of a given. 9 times outa 10 the TPS is always broken or malfunction upon removal of the car that the engine was taken out of. hopefully you have a jdm cause it just simply screws off otherwise your gonna have to drill that shit out and its gonna be real hard to do since you already have the block installed:D

4. 67accordman

Thanks i really do need that pic of the hose routing. this is driving me crazy and im not about to spend $40 for a swap manual. i need to get these problems worked out and open up the VTEC.

5. tab

tab Super Moderator

send me your email address, and I'll send you a couple pics.

6. 67accordman

another ?... what P/S line would be better using rather than goin and gettin it custom made. Id rather have a bolt on for a stock look.

7. tab

tab Super Moderator

A modified dohc prelude hose. It fits, but you have to bend the lower side around a little to get the right line up.

8. tab

tab Super Moderator

any luck with the pics I sent?

9. TeamUrbanChaos

TeamUrbanChaos Certified H22 Super-tech

sorry man i havent gotten a chance to get those pics 4 u ...ovibously tabs got it for you already

10. 67accordman

na not yet, i hadnt had any free and i need to buy some other things from the parts store but i will get to work on it this weekend. but i will let you know how it went and thanks a lot for the help

11. 67accordman

Can i use a 97-01 prelude P/S high pressure line which will be more of a stock fit? I heard about this and note sure about it and found 1 for sale cheap and asking this before i buy it

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted