accord swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ozmannnnn

i have a 95 honda accord lx, came with a f22b2 which ended up going bad. Also at the time i didnt know much about cars and brought it to some random mechanic to swap the motor and he completely screwed me over. By over pricing me and not even doing a correct job but i cant do nothing about it, no paper work to back up my word what he told me. what he messed up on is he swapped a f22b1 obd2 motor into my 95 obd1 car, he didnt switch out any of the wiring or anythign just got it running for 2 weeks and i only payed him half since i didnt have all the money but two weeks later my car started have trouble. it was puttering and didnt wanna pull properly, my last resort right now is getting a wiring harness to match the motor and a ecu? is that what i should do? btw im 16

wow that sux dude i might be able to get you a ecu and a wire harnes for obd2 let me look and see what my buddy has in his junk yard, i know he has like 4 or 5 accords that style

thats cool didnt know they made that, what is the differences in the obd2 a or b, how can u tell

you have to find out what year car your engine came out of. it's probably an "a."

to find out the year, there should be some marks on the cylinder head on the exhaust side; a wheel of numbers with an arrow.... you should be able to google how to interpret it

Back