accord turbo help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well we have been trying to get this turbo to act right on his accord , something isnt right !!.he bought a FMAX turbo kit , Came with a mf2 fuel module and with 2 injectors before the throttle body. Well i just got the kit installed.

Let me tell you a little bit before i get in to details , his ecu had been chipped with one of those spoon chips . Vtec cut in a 2500 and rev limiter was at 8500 . Advanced the timing curve and disabled the knock sensor . Also the car was running on 109 octane . I dont see how though , but he was putting it in there !!

Well after the turbo kit was installed completely . The final excitment of hearing it run , well didnt get a perfect start up, it starts right up then dies. After pedaling it with the fuel it will stay alive . Then the check engine light comes on , after that , the car will stay runnning. rev up and turbo sounds good , . well taking it for the first test drive . easy on it at first , just to make sure i wasnt going to blow up or anything . When i cracked down on it , was slower than it was before , didnt even feel like the vtec was kickin in , like running with no vtec ? im at a lost here . im not sure if i got the vaccum lines mixed up or what ??? I ran the fm2 wires to all the specified locations . but when running down the road the turbo sounds great , spooling its ass off , blow off valve has a great sound . but its slower than before , so i sent him down to get 87 octane to lighten the load of fuel it was getting , is it possible being the o2 sensor is bad and isnt reading the air fuel mixture properly and casuing top end lag

The codes that i got out of the ecu from the check engine light were a code 3 for the map sensor , thats most likely from not having the missing link to install , the other code was a 41 which is the oxygen sensor heater. . a new sensor might be needed or im thinking that the car cant run 109 octane with out the proper ecu with dyno tune.

So what im asking if you know anything to help me out or guide me in a direction to get this PUPPY BOOSTED !!!!

Well I'm not sure as to your questions about the power loss, but just wanted to say that you shouldn't be beating on it right after you install the turbo kit. When boosting a car you have to let it go through a period of break in, like keeping the revs below 4k for the first thousand miles or so. It also needs to be tuned properly.

I just thought I would say that because it would be a shame for your buddy to screw up his car after just dropping the bucks on that FMAX kit.

yeah a tuning would do some justice, but thats not the problem . also this is a used turbo kit so i wasnt worried about breaking it in . Unless you mean the a used turbo on a used car will still need breaking in , well than thats good to know , but i wanted to make sure that everything was running right . And it isnt . I have never used or installed a MF2 programmer before . Read the directions carefully and soltered all the connections , even got the CHILTON manual out for the wiring diagrams to make DAMN sure that is was the right wire .

Now , since there is no missing link installed, its very posssible that the map sensor on the hondas can not read boost but im not too sure about that , thats why they make the missing link ? I thought hondas ecu couldnt read boost, someone told me they can up to 10 psi .

But why am i getting a code 41 and thats the o2 sensor , o2 sensor was working just fine before the install , came out with a little struggle . He said he installed it , well i ask if he put any antisieze on the threads before he installed it , his reply was anti what , well so in order to get the o2 out we had to throw a little heat to break the metal lose . Is it some way that the o2 sensor got to hot from the tourch and is now fried, thats why the car doesnt want to start nor keep running. Until after many repeats of pedaling the gas. Pops up the check engine light and boom !!! shes reving like a champ . But there is lack of acceleration and no vtec , there should still be the vtec operating. Top end is horrible , but there is boost , turbo is sounding good and blow off valve is working great. Just no power , well i m thinking and just getting a new o2 to install to see if that was the problem , hate to spend someone elses money . 129 for o2 sensor and thats not from Honda dealership .

ok i spent the 129 for the o2 sensor and installed it , well nothing is changed , still not wanting to stay running or even start now , i just dont get . Could the missing link play a factor in the car nt starting of the MF2 module.

Back