Accord Turbo ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolLess16

hey guys my freind wants me to turbo his F22. I have just started looking into doin it and it is going to be a junkyard turbo setup. The only real question i have is does anyone make a logstyle exhuast manifold for this engine. He is probably goin to run a stock T25 if the manifold lets him. Or can i run a stock exhuast manifold with adapter plate??? (HF manifold to Dseries as Example) He is goin to only run 4-5psi daily driven. He is goin to use stock injectors , ADJ FMU , custom IC piping 1g BOV with DSM SMIC. Any help is apreciated, and i also saw something about running the JDM F22 Vtec head as a swap, and advice on that would be helpful too, thanks alot guys

you can use the manifold and turbo from a 1st gen eclipse. you just have to redrill some holes on the manifold but the ports match up perfectly.

that seems kindof odd but really sweet if it is true, did the 1st and 2nd gens switch heads or can i use a 2nd gen head too , thanks for the info and someone let me know if this is true

That turbo will be perfect.

If he never goes past 3000 RPM. Get a bigger turbo or don't even bother.

why cant he run that turbo?? if they run them on 2.0 eclipse motors that rev up to 7k i think it should be fine. He is only running 4-5psi on his setup. also it is off of the AWD eclipse which i beleive is the T28 which came on some SR20's i beleive(correct me if i am wrong) but i dont see why not to run that turbo , let me know thanks

1) Go talk to guys that own T25 powered Eclipses and let me know how many of 'em say the turbo is a good size for a 2000cc+ engine. It's called a T2-small for a reason.

2) Only 4-5 PSI? First off, the WG is set for 7-8 PSI and there's not a damn thing to do about that. Secondly, even if you could run 4-5 PSI, why bother?

3) T25 or T28, take your pick. Either way, it's too small for an F22. Don't be a turbo sissy like the Nissan guys.

im a T25 powered eclipse, and yes, it fucking sucks. i barely run 300 CFM, making a whopping ~210 to the CRANK at 14.5 psi, which i cant even run to yet so im actually less. the turbo completely runs out of steam at around 5500-6000 RPM. on stock internals though i think a T25 is about as much as you'll be able to run before shit starts blowing up w/o an above average fuel system. if you're on a budget and want more than 200 hp get something bigger, like a 14b off a 1g DSM. ported they will run about 430 CFM i think, much nicer.

there are kits to convert 2g exhaust manifolds to support the 14b if you decide to do that, since im not sure if the 1g exhaust manifold bolts on to the F22

And what I'd like to stress here is that while he's making 210 HP at 14.5 PSI, you won't make that on a stock F22 because... you won't be able to run 14.5 PSI. So again... a T25 on an F22 is about as bad as a T66 on a D15.

my nissan will be seeing the same turbo as my honda.. some day =)

but for now, t25's are good for CX motors.

thanks for the help, im trying to get him to go to a T3/T4 ( is that ok???) but still need help on the manifold . thanks

Back