Accord V6 Tuning

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CFweave

My friend just got a '95 Accord V6 and he wants to tune it up a little...nothing real expensive though. I was thinking that since he wanted his car to sound good a new exhaust would be a good first step. I thought a custom exhaust from a shop would be a good idea since I haven't seen many exhaust systems for this engine. What kind of muffler/piping do you guys suggest he use? Also, what are some mods that will help him get the most out of his engine? Thanks in advance for your help.

you know what sounds good to me?

not driving next to some kid with a fucking coffee can exhaust pipe blaring at 1000 decibals...

You know what sounds even better? Don't post unless you're actually going to help. Maybe I should have said that he still wanted the car to be quiet in my first post...then you wouldn't make half-assed judgements about people you've never met. Anyone other than Tony have any suggestions?

Don't listen to Tony. He's from California, lol.

Anycrap, an intake will do more for performance. Then some headers. Then an exhaust. Go in that order and you'll be happy.

fucking ricers.

my suggestion is this:

save the 2000.00 or so he is going to spend on i/h's/e and put it towards a down payment on another car. i.e. gt mustang, or something of that nature.

nothing real expensive though

sorry to burst your bubble, but imports cost alot of money to "tune it up a little"

Anything short of FI or Headwork or anything of that nature is just going to be a waste of money and he will be dissapointed.

"Tune it up a little" without spending money on the aformentioned mods to me suggests another fucking ricer who I'm going to have to deal with in traffic. All that fucking noise coming from the fartcan exhaust, and he still aint going nowhere fast.

You want me to put it another way?

Back in the day, my little 89 zc hatchy with just i/h/e blew the fucking doors off the kid down the street with a "slightly modded" accord v6.

"Tune it up a little" to me suggests he is looking for more power. "Tune is up a little" to me suggests that this fuckhead will be flying down the street fast as fast cant be.

you want to "tune it up a little" ? After all, when we "tune our cars a little" the end result we are looking for is more power. You cant get that with "nothing too expensive".

This is why I suggest he buy a ford or chevy v8. Few hundred dollars on those suckers and you're off and running.

My final thought on this, keeping in mind "Nothing too expensive"
is to buy a zex kit.

best bang for your buck at or around 600.00

I believe Comptech makes a supercharger kit for the Accord V6. You'd have to check with them.

As Tony said, you aren't going to get much out of that car. First off, it a family car-oriented auto tranny. Second, an intake will run you about $100, an exhaust will run at least $300 (if you get it custom fab'ed), and header will cost close to a grand. Unfortunately, that engine isn't going to see much from those $1500 worth of mods.

Try for a supercharger or a nitrous kit as Tony suggested.

Back