Accord vs. Gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92hatchVx

i know someone that has a 94 Civic Coupe Dx and he is in the process of swapping in a 94 accord ex motor. I have a Vx and im planning to drop in either a Gsr or JDM gsr motor. He thinks that hes car will smoke mine in a 1/4 mile race. im pretty sure that hes wrong... He thinks im stupid for spending the 3 grand for a Gsr motor when he got the Accord motor from a junk yard for dirt cheap. which one will be faster?? and a better deal?

The only way to figure this out is to take YOUR car with YOUR mod to a dyno or track. There is no way to say that an ls/vtec with an aem CAI will make XXX horse to the wheels. it simply can't be done. There's too many variants in engines in the first place, plus other factors such as how it was built and tuned.

Remember, 2 stock motors will more likely than not dyno at the same figure, albiet it will be relatively close.

Basically, don't be upset when we say we can't tell you and to run it at a track or dyno. Afterall, estimates are usually wrong anyway.

Your friend is retarded for putting that pos in his Civic anyways.

Well what if both cars just had CAI and exhaust. i would think that my hatch owuld win because of the weight difference and the 2 diff motors. i know the GSR has more Hp stock but im not sure about torque. and i also thought that the Accord Ex motor wasnt meant for racing. thats my guess...im probably completely wrong. also does anyone know of somebody else that has done a Accord ex swap into any kind of civic? and if so...what are some 1/4 times?

the accord motor is all bottom end, it makes no real high power, he might puyll you off the line if ast all, but you will def. smoke him

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Aug 10 2003, 01:14 AM
The only way to figure this out is to take YOUR car with YOUR mod to a dyno or track. There is no way to say that an ls/vtec with an aem CAI will make XXX horse to the wheels. it simply can't be done. There's too many variants in engines in the first place, plus other factors such as how it was built and tuned.

Remember, 2 stock motors will more likely than not dyno at the same figure, albiet it will be relatively close.

Basically, don't be upset when we say we can't tell you and to run it at a track or dyno. Afterall, estimates are usually wrong anyway.

Your friend is retarded for putting that pos in his Civic anyways.

:werd:
Remeber my post a little while back?
About starting "who will win" threads?
It doesn't matter who will win!
I will win.
Why the hell would he put in an Accord motor in a civic?
That belongs in an Accord.
"Well what if both cars just had CAI and exhaust."
It still wouldn't matter.
I guess I'll humor you.
In a Vx hatch, with gsr, you should smoke that inbred hybrid.
I don't wanna hear about,"Well, khrisb from Hondaswap.com said I should whip your ass! So there! Sticks out tounge."
Stop posting crap like this.
Somebody post the God kills kittens pic.
I'm lazy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ofcouse the gsr motor is better. you can run 14 sec easly with that motor. i have a jdm b18c motor and i ran 14.5 at 93 mph all stock.
you'll hella kill his shit.

Originally posted by dhaccordLT-R@Aug 12 2003, 09:40 PM
the accord motor is all bottom end, it makes no real high power, he might puyll you off the line if ast all, but you will def. smoke him

no way he won't even come close to u

Originally posted by 92hatchVx@Aug 10 2003, 06:25 AM
Well what if both cars just had CAI and exhaust. i would think that my hatch owuld win because of the weight difference and the 2 diff motors. i know the GSR has more Hp stock but im not sure about torque. and i also thought that the Accord Ex motor wasnt meant for racing. thats my guess...im probably completely wrong. also does anyone know of somebody else that has done a Accord ex swap into any kind of civic? and if so...what are some 1/4 times?

i've never seen it but i don't think it gonna be that fast.
maybe if he put in a h22 motor
that would be a different story

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Aug 10 2003, 01:14 AM
The only way to figure this out is to take YOUR car with YOUR mod to a dyno or track.

Dont you get sick of repeating yourself every few weeks?

Back