Achilles Tendon Trouble...Yah Me!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nofxSOHCcrx

So in early September I cut my Achilles tendon on my left leg 5 days before my birthday...I got lucky and it didn't fully de-tatch and sling shot up my leg. ...well I guess lucky for the circumstance. It was just hanging on by a thread.

We were cleaning out my house and had a huge dumpster that we were putting a 180sx shell in to that my buddy just slammed in to the wall at the local drift. Anyway, I got in the dumpster to move a fridge out of the way and whatever I was standing on gave way and my leg came down on a metal speaker bracket from the damn car. Sliced right in my leg like nothin...what a weird feeling. Only felt the initial slice of the metal, and then no pain because it took out one of the main nerves going to my foot. I'm walking around now, but not running...can't even fathom running...

Here's a PIC!

197197_209737352371594_100000059924806_841733_2645004_n.jpg

The Surgeon only had to make the small cut going down. Was in a cast for like 2 months, and then a walking boot for a month or so, then Physical Therapy, and now here I am. My right leg dwarfed my left leg when the cast and boot came off, it looked pretty funny. I'm just happy I can push my clutch in again...

i can tell you how bad it sucks 10 years out if you DON'T do the PT
and then i can compare it to an injury where I went the whole 9 and did the PT and its a world of difference

Back