ACL 780 Duraglide Main Bearings

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

phunky.buddha

Mad scientist
VIP
OEM is best, but I've heard a good number of positive comments about ACL bearings. Hit up Honda-Tech.

ACL is the shit, I have read a lot of good shit about these bearings and what they can stand up to. I am just installed mine into my b16 build up block, and we will see how they hold up. I believe that there are a few others on this board who run them.

they're good just make sure the clearances are correct.

i'm running all ACL's in my engine, though i DID have to go to honda and buy a yellow rod bearing.

i still saved around 70 dollars with all the bearings.

Originally posted by Blanco@Jun 11 2004, 01:40 PM
Right. Still looking around on Honda-Tech, I never go there so I never thought about it, and it seems that OEM really is the way to go. But, the ACLs are going to be about $50 shipped. I'm not sure but I would imagine that I would need a different sized bearing if I get the IB Spec crank lightening? There's a spun rod bearing so it needs to be polished anyway.

You only need to worry if you're polishing all the journals- otherwise you'll probably be somewhere in spec. On the one bearing journal that needs to be polished, you might have to order another bearing set- then again, you might not. Plasti-gage everything to make sure it's all in spec.

I personally still prefer OEM bearings- but Phillip likes to take two weeks to make sure all my clearances are perfect when he puts my engines together. I'm not going to argue with that!

ACL's are the equivalent of a honda green. If you have spun a bearing you should definately get oem and use plastigage like calesta said to check your clearances. Or just read the code for your block and crank and order the correct bearings. Do you really want to save a few dollars on something as important as bearings?

Ok oem is the better , of course, but others perhaps is good too, Hi tech is too good than Oem ? better than AcL ? and APEX ? whats the better ? I'll buid up to 0,10 . ty

Way to bring back a thread that's over 4 years old. Fucking asshat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back