ACT clutch ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aCCoRD-TyPe-R

I have ACT stage 3 extreme racing cluth installed in my accord, the problem is its having problems with shifting and engauging my clucth! If iam sitting in my car and turn it on, then i put it into reverse it grinds.. If I slide it into 1st or 3rd it will agian grind! When I am moving and iam shifting into 2nd, It pops outta 1st forceing its self outta gear, Then grinding too 2nd! :blink: :angry: I asked the shop to to help and they said syncros! We replaced them all and then the transmission and iam still having same problem! I asked agian what to... Now they say its my pressure plate and that will fix this problems! Anyone have any advise or anything that will help me? :(

errr... thats the other thing... I asked and ordered a stage 2! they got the 3 instead! no turbo no nos!! Does that have an affect?

I really don't have an answer for you about the grinding gears. If the trans is grinding when you try to put it into gear i would guess the clutch isn't disengaging completely, Aperantly it isn't the transmission if you have already replaced that.
If you are now going to replace the clutch i wouldn't use anything more than a Heavy Duty pressure plate with an Organic disk for a stock engine. This will provide more than enough clamping force and will have a much smoother engagment for the street. If you really feel the need, use ACT's Xtreme Pressure Plate with the Performance Organic Street DIsk. You definatly DON'T want a 4 or 6 puck clutch disk on the street.
PS: If you replace the disk, be sure to have teh flywheel resurfaced by a competant shop. I'm not familier with the Accord's but it it has a stepped flywheel, the step has to be the correct height or it will cause the symtems your describing.
Pappy

Right.. And H22 isnt stock for an 94 Accord! Iam planning on buying turbo tomorow and nitrous soon! Iam just curious to see what the hells going on with my clutch! Seeing if there is a purpose for me to remove pressure plate if thats not the problem! Oh well I hope someone knows :(

Sorry about the long answer. You didn't saywhat you had.
Short answer....You have a problem with your pressure plate/disk/flywheel. It isn't disengaging. Only other possibility is you don't have enough pedal travel.
Pappy

Back