1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ACT stage 1 or Clutch masters stage 1

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by KRUSH GROOVE, Dec 12, 2005.

1. KRUSH GROOVE

KRUSH GROOVE Junior Member

Above is my situation so I need an opinion based on that. Also what has less pedal pressure between the 2. The funny thing is that I can jump like the ball player Earl Manigoat but can't stand pedal pressure.
    I have done some research and I hear the Exedy I wanted is bullshit. Which one would you pick. Just read the post above, and please explain in detail why one is better than the other.

2. hybrid89

hybrid89 thistownsucks...

I would go for the ACT all doy long..just make sure its the organic street/strip disk and not a pucked setup..you'll hate it.

matt

3. KRUSH GROOVE

KRUSH GROOVE Junior Member

How does the pedal pressure feel on your calf muscle?

4. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

I heard Exedy Stage 1, is the same as ACT Stage 2.

5. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

there is no such thing as an ACT "stage" anything
    ACT does not use "stages"
    any website that is calling them "stages" is putting together their own package and calling it a "stage"

go to ACTs website and look at the components and decide what you want to run

you will probly want to run the "HDSS" (Heavy Duty pressure plate and Street/Strip high performance organic clutch disc) or the HDOO (Heavy Duty pressure plate and organic street disc)

6. VTECPOWER

VTECPOWER Senior Member

I like my excedy "stage 1" which is the organic street disc, grans hard gear to gear, and still nice for daily driving, a little stiffer, but not harsh engagement.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted