acting crazy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

m90polk

Today I was driving my car and filled it up at the gas station and about a minute or so after that I pretty much mashed the gas in 1st up to about 6500 and shifted into 2nd once I engaged 2nd the car started bucking and the oil light flashed every time it bucked. I quickly disengaged the clutch and then re-engaged it but at about 3000rpm and proceeded to drive through all the gears and shift them like normal driving conditions and there was no problems or noises. What could have caused this to happen, could the TPS sensor have given the computer an erratic reading or is it something else.

so it only bucks when your shit canning it? or when you shift from a high rpm?

Yeah it was only doing it under WOT and it only did it from 1st to 2nd that time, I had shifted and then fully pressed the gas and it was like there was power and then no power it repeated this until I pushed the clutch in. It felt like it was lurching forward then stop and it would repeat this

Is it low on oil?

Nope I just replaced it the day before, and I wasn't really worried about that because if it was an oil pressure problem it would have been a constant light up not a flashing one

Just because you have oil in it doesn't exactly mean your oil pressure (when running) is where it should be. If your oil pickup is damaged (unlikely), could cause low oil pressure. A failing oil pump will cause low oil pressure. When your oil light comes on, it usually indicates a low oil level, but the oil pressure sensor can also activate the cluster icon. As far as it flashing...never seen it before.

found the problem

today while driving to school it repeated this same thing only under normal driving conditions and this time I noticed when it would almost start to choke out then regain power the check engine light would come on and the PGMFI Relay would click so when at school I asked an instructor what the problem could be and I told him could it be bad gas and he said it could be you IAC sticking but then we were talking and he said if it only does it on the side roads and not on the highway and your relay was coming on and off it means the computer is resetting itself its probably an electrical connection because in 1-4 im shifting and it torques the engine which could break up a connection and he told me to check power and grounds so I got home and checked the engine grounds and come to find out it is the ground on the thermostat the wiring is bad so when it would torque the engine while shifting it would pull the wire disconnecting the ground^_^ easy fix just took some time and no money

Last edited:
Back