Acura CL's - got the scoop? the 411? the dilly yo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

know any resources that venture into CL's for swap's or transmission conversions?

I've got a '99 3.0CL 6cyl Auto, wonder if there's kit to adapt the 2.3's clutch?

think a newer 3.2 Type-S 6 speed could be somehow thrown in there?

imagine the wiring and electronics headaches if it was even physically possible.

you guys know anything? hell I don't even know the engine models.

*gets to Googlin'*

I'm pretty darn sure that the 6 cylinder chassis and the 4 cylinder chassis would be fairly different. This is why guys don't swap H22's into V-6 Accords, or V-6's into F23 Accords. The engine mount areas are different.

I'd keep your nice car nice. Boost it, or maybe find a compatible tranny, but adapting doesn't make sense on that car.

Yeah- look into V6 parts, not 4 cylinder parts. I don't think the clutch pieces are interchangeable. You could definitely swap the 3.2 from a CL-S in there, but I don't know how hard that would be. One of my friends has a 98 Accord V6, and he wanted to drop in the CL-S engine and a manual transmission... had it all planned out- so it's definitely been thought of before.

The V6 engines are generally J blocks, except for the NSX which has a block code of "C".

I'm with tab- look into a turbo setup if you want more power. :)

Back