Acura RSX in RIo Yellow Pearl?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sorry guys, I cant afford a real Integra, although both the Acura RSX and the Honda Integra share the same chassis code so, I dunno, I thought I was getting a real DC5.
A real Honda DC5 is right hand drive. Your's is not.

Yeah, yeah, your on to something there. Type-SiR2400, see, now thats constructive. Now off to Jacobs:imgone:
No but seriously, that isn't a bad project name, it wouldn't be too far off with my intentions, I just won't be putting that anywhere on the car, but you definitely get credit for having come up with the name, even if you were joking. Its like a V-TEC equipped Super Soaker.
Yea, I was joking but it did sound pretty sweet in my head afterwards. But where did you get the 4 from?

And I hadn't naysaid anything. I think I was the original "idea sounds decent, do what you want" guy. I think the car would look good in a metallic dark/forest green. Maybe even a British Racing Green-esque hue.

Yea, I was joking but it did sound pretty sweet in my head afterwards. But where did you get the 4 from?

And I hadn't naysaid anything. I think I was the original "idea sounds decent, do what you want" guy. I think the car would look good in a metallic dark/forest green. Maybe even a British Racing Green-esque hue.

Naw not you. Just check the first page, you'll see what I'm talking about. Nothing but douchebaggery for the most part. But the 4 stands for k24, as that is what my intent is, k20/24, what's $900 on a motor and a weekend for such an astounding increase in power throughout the powerband?
Green, huh. Didn't think of that, but I wanted something that was reminiscent of Honda's race heritage, but a non-R color, hence the yellow. The DB9R comes to mind with your color scheme, not bad, but man, that would be a show car, not a DD. Interesting thought though, I like the idea.

Ok, 2400 for the cc count will fit no matter if you dont use the S2K color. But picture that green with bronzed Si rims. Hot. Though you cant use the name if you dont use the rims.

You can use the dark green off of a early fourth gen Camaro. Readily available. Relatively inexpensive. I know they make touch up paint in that shade so it'd be perfect for a DD.
1994-97 Camaro color code 48 "Polo Green"
12054103.jpg

i say go with stock rsx type s jade green, google it. it dont even look green only at times

I still don't get your point. So, let me get this straight, just because your a jackass on the left hand side, your not a real jackass? Stop splitting hairs man.
No, I live in America. We drive on the right, my steering wheel is on the left, I'm a real jackass.

I said it earlier, I think the yellow would be cool, even with Type R aero pieces. I just don't agree with the Type R badges or Honda emblems because it is neither. Why not throw a Camaro badge and a Transformers badge on it too and call it Bumblebee? The wrong badges look dumb on a car, no matter the make.

Last edited:
Ok, 2400 for the cc count will fit no matter if you dont use the S2K color. But picture that green with bronzed Si rims. Hot. Though you cant use the name if you dont use the rims.

You can use the dark green off of a early fourth gen Camaro. Readily available. Relatively inexpensive. I know they make touch up paint in that shade so it'd be perfect for a DD.
1994-97 Camaro color code 48 "Polo Green"
12054103.jpg
Naw, naw. British Racing is fine. But volvo makes a tone of green thats real neat, the last generation s80 had it, really accentuated the shape of the car, it was a metallic color similar to British R.G. I mean, I'm going to be spending big on the paint job anyway, might as well make it a color that is worth the hassle. The Camaro polo green has a bluish tint that I never found appealing. But the British color scheme is ambitious.

I cant believe I never new how hot those base model rims were. Now I need a five lug conversion.

No, I live in America. We drive on the right, my steering wheel is on the left, I'm a real jackass.

I said it earlier, I think the yellow would be cool, even with Type R aero pieces. I just don't agree with the Type R badges or Honda emblems because it is neither. Why not throw a Camaro badge and a Transformers badge on it too and call it Bumblebee? The wrong badges look dumb on a car, no matter the make.

Hah, got it. But, is it really that extreme. The car is a Honda after all. If anything the Acura is a fraud from the second it rolled of the assembly line, as it is truly a Honda. Given your perspective, my idea to change the emblems is actually more sensible then having the car badged as an Acura, as Acura is just masquerading the fact that it is a Honda.

Hah, got it. But, is it really that extreme. The car is a Honda after all. If anything the Acura is a fraud from the second it rolled of the assembly line, as it is truly a Honda. Given your perspective, my idea to change the emblems is actually more sensible then having the car badged as an Acura, as Acura is just masquerading the fact that it is a Honda.
Still seems ricer JDM to me. But hey, it's your car.

Still seems ricer JDM to me. But hey, it's your car.
You know, in all due fairness, any japanese car that deviates in the slightest way from stock can be misconstrued as ricer. To have someone from the Honda crowd call me ricer, the crowd that epitomizes ricer philosophy, is almost ironic, as Honda's if modified in the slightest way, are almost immediately thought of as ricer. It's almost hypocritical. I wonder why no one notices this?

Last edited:
You know, in all due fairness, any japanese car that deviates in the slightest way from stock will be misconstrued as ricer. To have someone from the Honda crowd call me ricer, the crowd that epitomizes ricer philosophy, is almost ironic, as Honda's if modified in the slightest way, are almost immediately thought of as ricer. It's almost hypocritical. i wonder why no one notices this?
Up until that point I agreed. Coming from the domestic enthusiast crowd, I can assure you that a 500HP Civic hatch would not be called a ricer in the truest sense of the word. Another hatch that has JDM Type-R badges, 18 inch wheels, Z3 fenders, an aluminum spoiler, etc., and is only sporting a cold air intake and a fart can... THAT is a ricer. Trying to fake speed through visual "upgrades" is what determines a cars ricey-ness. "All bark, no bite" if you will."

Not all Honda fans are ricers or support their way of life. That is why one Honda tuner calling another a Ricer is completely possible, logical, and well, just happened.

And I'm not calling you a ricer because you're doing these things for a different reason I believe. If you like the looks of a Type-R kit thats cool. Many would agree. As long as you're not doing it because its Mad JDM Yo!!! then its not as ricey though it could be misconstrued as such.

Not all Honda fans are ricers or support their way of life. That is why one Honda tuner calling another a Ricer is completely possible, logical, and well, just happened.

And I'm not calling you a ricer because you're doing these things for a different reason I believe. If you like the looks of a Type-R kit thats cool. Many would agree. As long as you're not doing it because its Mad JDM Yo!!! then its not as ricey though it could be misconstrued as such.
To do it for visual preference is not Rice, but to do it for authenticity is? I don't believe that we could truly make that distinction is another, that's why I don't agree with the term, some just have bad taste, let it be bad taste, it is their preference. On what basis they have this bad taste, or even if they don't, and do it for the sake of it, how is it that we would deem one ricer, and the other as not? This is coming from a guy who belonged to an entirely different type of car with an entirely different philosophy. Enlighten me.

Back