Acura RSX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

I drove a friends RSX the other day and never really condsidered those as a potential car to buy. Well basically i liked it a lot. It was actually not the Type S, but it was still somewhat quick and the stock suspension felt pretty good.

Basically my question is, What do you guys think of one of these cars?
I'm asking cause soon i would really like to buy a newer car. I want either a truck, or a car that is somewhat fast stock, so i dont have the urge to mod it so quick.
I have checked out M3's, but i am not sure if i should go for it and get on. I would like to stick with a Honda mainly because of the gas mileage. IMO, all the new hondas suck, even the Si, and i hadn't considered the RSX.

Soo, if i don't get a truck, then i would consider the RSX, since it is kinda quick, is comfortable, has leather, stock sound sounds hella good, and the susp. feels nice. also i was thinking i might be able to find one for around 15k used later this year.

So, what do you think???

no disrespect but new base RSX suck, I never drove a Type S onese,

if you want a newer car get a 2001 GSR, way better than RSX,

that's what I have, I had the choice between a 2002 RSX and a GSR " I got the GSR"

and if you have the chance to get the M3, defenetly get it, and what year is that, try to get the newer one like 96 or 97 and up, cuz they have traction control,

I know a good driver don't need a traction control, but I Washington, we have allot of rain, so if you don't know how to drive a RWD car you deffenetly need a Trac. cuz my friend had a 95 or94 I don't remeber exactly what year, but it didn't have a Traction control, this thing was crazzy, he driffted all the time almost, even on freeway, he know how to do it, but if you don't know how to do it, Get a Traction control one, and plus there is a swich were you turn in off,

any ways I may be puting my GSR for sale may be this spring, so if you intereste PM me,

Yeah i know the base RSX sucks, i was just saying that that is what i got to drive and it wasn't really that bad. If i bought one it would be the Type S. And i love Integras, but not sure if i would buy one.

Oh yeah, and one of the reasons i was not really considering the M3 is cause i would have to get a 94 or 95, cant afford a new one.

if you're worried about gas milage, you can't afford an m3. end of story.

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Jan 30 2004, 02:34 AM
no disrespect but new base RSX suck, I never drove a Type S onese,

if you want a newer car get a 2001 GSR, way better than RSX,

that's what I have, I had the choice between a 2002 RSX and a GSR " I got the GSR"

and if you have the chance to get the M3, defenetly get it, and what year is that, try to get the newer one like 96 or 97 and up, cuz they have traction control,

I know a good driver don't need a traction control, but I Washington, we have allot of rain, so if you don't know how to drive a RWD car you deffenetly need a Trac. cuz my friend had a 95 or94 I don't remeber exactly what year, but it didn't have a Traction control, this thing was crazzy, he driffted all the time almost, even on freeway, he know how to do it, but if you don't know how to do it, Get a Traction control one, and plus there is a swich were you turn in off,

any ways I may be puting my GSR for sale may be this spring, so if you intereste PM me,

smilies-45132.png

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 30 2004, 03:16 AM
if you're worried about gas milage, you can't afford an m3. end of story.

Exactly what i was thinking. If i did buy one of those, i would be done with buying a nice car for a long ass time, but i don't really think i am in a good enough financial position to own one, basically because of gas every fuckin week.

Originally posted by senate_9427@Jan 30 2004, 02:38 AM
Yeah i know the base RSX sucks, i was just saying that that is what i got to drive and it wasn't really that bad. If i bought one it would be the Type S. And i love Integras, but not sure if i would buy one.

Oh yeah, and one of the reasons i was not really considering the M3 is cause i would have to get a 94 or 95, cant afford a new one.

Just remember that for the same price as an RSX you could get a WRX.

If you thought the base RSX was nice, then drive the Type-S cuz it is SWEET. Awesome car, drives way better than the base. Plus, it's faster and responds better to mods than a GSR.

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Jan 30 2004, 10:17 AM-->
senate_9427
@Jan 30 2004, 02:38 AM

Just remember that for the same price as an RSX you could get a WRX.

Damn, you got a point, i want a WRX so bad, didnt even think about them being the same price. well, i guess i've just eliminated Honda again. Insurance would probably be cheaper too, huh?
not really sure cause RSX is a 2 door and hondas get stolen all the time, but Wrx is turbo. I wonder which one will make the price go up more.

You're buying used, right? They're both under 20K used with about 20K or more miles. I'm not sure what the insurance would be for owning a WRX, but I know it's expensive for an RSX..

WHO gives a fuck it its TURBO WOWOWOW they dont count that. Its a sports sedan.
THIS is 2004 they have to take the whole car if they want it.
Hondas now have imobolziers. You need the key or else you anit going no where.

smilies-45400.png

Scooby Snacks, WRX!!!

What about the SRT4 neon, it's a car with tons of potential.

To give you something to go on:

I drove a 95 Accord sedan. When I switched my insurance to an '02 WRX sedan, my insurance went up $40 a year. That's it. So, I think you'll pay more in insurance for a 2-door sports car than you will for a 4-door sedan. They don't take the turbo into account, it appears.

K series, mildly modded, in a heavy style car such as the RSX still going to run 14's with 5k of work, why not run that at the get go.

WRX easy 12 second potential dialy driven

SRT4 - seen them run 13's with less than 500 of work, mopar parts are cheaper also.

the whole point behind swapping motors is to have the latter potential of making gains but starting from a great base.

i've drove in a new rsx. i love it. quick throttle response and the seats are so nice. but compared to a wrx, the subby wins.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jan 30 2004, 10:03 AM
WRX easy 12 second potential dialy driven

SRT4 - seen them run 13's with less than 500 of work, mopar parts are cheaper also.

$1000 gets you 60-70 tuned, plug-n-play horsepower on a WRX. Drop $2000, you're looking at damn near 100 extra plug-n-play, streetable horsies.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jan 30 2004, 12:03 PM
K series, mildly modded, in a heavy style car such as the RSX still going to run 14's with 5k of work, why not run that at the get go.

BULLSHIT thats a crock of shit buddy. 5k I dont think so.
Cybernation Stage I RSX Turbo kit runs 12.5 @ 109mph on 1/4 mile at 10psi using slicks.

http://www.cybernationmotorsports.com

Your another K-series hater.

at least you didn't put all that in a stupid fucking icon :lol:

i would go WRX also. my friend was deciding between the RSX-S and WRX, ended up going WRX, best decision he could have made.

Back