Acura RSX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Jan 30 2004, 10:08 AM
BULLSHIT thats a crock of shit buddy. 5k I dont think so.
Cybernation Stage I RSX Turbo kit runs 12.5 @ 109mph on 1/4 mile at 10psi using slicks.

http://www.cybernationmotorsports.com

Your another K-series hater.

Why not drop that 5k into a WRX and mop up the track with the RSX?

Or, put that 5k on top of what you'll pay for a WRX and get a new or slightly used STi/Evo8? AWD turbo> FWD turbo, any day.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 30 2004, 12:21 PM

Or, put that 5k on top of what you'll pay for a WRX and get a new or slightly used STi/Evo8? AWD turbo> FWD turbo, any day.

I highly doubt that. have you ever looked up mods for a flat 4?
FWD top end is better than AWD. Im not gonna argue, I like k-series engine better. Screw subapoo uh subaru.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Jan 30 2004, 12:26 PM
FWD top end is better than AWD.

how the fuck does a drivetrain have ANYTHING to do with a motor's capability to breathe at high revs?

you=fucktard

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Jan 30 2004, 09:26 AM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@Jan 30 2004, 12:21 PM

I highly doubt that. have you ever looked up mods for a flat 4?
FWD top end is better than AWD. Im not gonna argue, I like k-series engine better. Screw subapoo uh subaru.

i know i have looked into the price of mods for the subaru, and i'm very sure dohcvtec_accord has also, obviously you have not. and like B said, wtf does the drivetrain have to do with how the engine performs? you are just ignorant. open your mind up to something besides a honda K motor.

<-------Had a RSX not Type S. Hated it! I was pressured into buying it. The car salesman was a friend of the family and he gave me 7 days to give him the money because my old coupe was stolen and I got the insurance money. I hated hated hated it. I put a for sale sign on it and nobody called. So on the 5th day I had the car, I went to the dealership and asked them if their was any way to give the car back and just forget about the whole thing. They were disapointed but the said OK! I was so happy. Then I got my hatchback and have loved it ever since!!

The only thing I wish my hatchback had that the RSX did was the interior. The interior was the shit!! It had somewhat racing seats and the gauges were tight too. Everything matched. It was silver and black....RAIDER COLORS!!!

my roommate is getting an srt-4 this summer. we went to drive it (rode in the back seat) and it was quick, very quick. if you do want a srt-4 wait till 05, rumor is that they are going to be faster than the previous years.
take a look at the wrx, its a very good car. may i also suggest looking at a used audi s4....

Originally posted by CRXRookie@Jan 30 2004, 11:13 AM
You're buying used, right? They're both under 20K used with about 20K or more miles. I'm not sure what the insurance would be for owning a WRX, but I know it's expensive for an RSX..

All I have to say is looking into a WRX when I found the Si, the WRX was only 40 more a month over the Si. So it wasn't that bad for me, but I couldn't find a WRX that I wanted within a reasonable distance so I went with what I already found. :)

Originally posted by CRXRookie@Jan 30 2004, 10:32 AM
If you thought the base RSX was nice, then drive the Type-S cuz it is SWEET. Awesome car, drives way better than the base. Plus, it's faster and responds better to mods than a GSR.

ok the rsx is slow baseline and type s. i drove both and was highly unimpressed. the k series motors are good though but when i drove a rsx i seriously felt like it was lacking with a 200 horsepower motor. the price on them is heinous and for the price i would definatly get a wrx over a rsx. honestly i would get a nice leather gsr and call it a day.

the k20 has a damn lot of potential and I am not just talking about slapping a turbo on it. Yes you do have to mod it, and yes it will take some money and some work, and yes it will still be FWD. However lookat this:
http://www.prototyperacing.com/dynok20b.htm
No matter what you do if you want a fast car gas milage is going to be a comprimise.

Damn. That is one neat looking header.

k20hdr3.jpg

Originally posted by DarkHand@Jan 30 2004, 03:40 PM
Damn. That is one neat looking header.

its not for a honda ... its the header they use when they put that engine in a lotus

Did I read that right? Did they use 91 octane for a K20A? I thought it required a much higher octane than that.

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Jan 30 2004, 12:53 PM

The only thing I wish my hatchback had that the RSX did was the interior. The interior was the shit!! It had somewhat racing seats and the gauges were tight too. Everything matched. It was silver and black....RAIDER COLORS!!!

:worthy: i agree. the interior of the Type S is freakin' awesome.

anyone know why the hell they drop a K series into a lotus?

and i thought every 90 degree bend reduces CFM flow by 1/2... so why would they use so many bends?
i mean, i understand equal length, but that looks a little extreme, to the point of doing more harm than good...

EDIT: fully fueled lotus = 1650 lbs... VERY NICE...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jan 30 2004, 04:29 PM

and i thought every 90 degree bend reduces CFM flow by 1/2... so why would they use so many bends?
i mean, i understand equal length, but that looks a little extreme, to the point of doing more harm than good...

Because the earlier engines made like 130 hp. They dropped a b18c5 into the 2000 lotus and it out ran, out braked, and out cornered the 2000 Cobra R.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jan 30 2004, 04:29 PM

because the older elises had very whimpy engines

117hp or 130hp for most models

a few "track models" had 190hp

there are several kits out there for dropping different engines in them

Back