Acura RSX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im looking to get a new wrx...soon very soon...i have $1200 to mod once i get it...what should i look to put it into?

that is the new elsie (comming to the US in spring 04)
that one has the same engine as the celica GTS messaged to 190hp 133tq... with the same 6sp tranny

this is the older ones
elise_111s_track.jpg

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Jan 30 2004, 04:43 PM
What the hell is a lotis and why are they putting honda engines in them?? :fr:

Pics anyone??

:blink:
alright you're done.

and the newest elise is coming with the the toyota 2zz engine. and it's coming stateside.

Originally posted by DarkHand@Jan 30 2004, 03:40 PM
Damn. That is one neat looking header.

Yeah, it's neat 'till you realize that every 90° bend reduces flow by 1%.

Add 'em up if you'd like...

k20hdr3.jpg

I count 34 ninety degree turns...

So, i know a few people on here have WRX's, what kind of gas mileage do you get? Seeing as it is a 4 banger, it should still be good, i just dont have an idea of how good.
So now i am really thinking of the WRX, or a GSR as backup if i cant afford the WRX.

Oh, and JDMilan or whoever recommended the Neon, there's no way in hell i would ever consider an SRT4. I absolutely hate Dodge, especially their cars, which i think are the worst POS on the market right alongside the Chevy Cavaliers and Saturns.
Thanks for the recommendation, but no thanks.

RSX TYPE-S, now thats the zhitnits, lol.... :D Had one for two years until i found out that im going to be a DAD, so i traded it in for a RL....

............. Now thats a sweet ride, even thou sometimes i miss my RSX

FWD top end is better than AWD. Im not gonna argue, I like k-series engine better. Screw subapoo uh subaru.
i know i have looked into the price of mods for the subaru, and i'm very sure dohcvtec_accord has also, obviously you have not. and like B said, wtf does the drivetrain have to do with how the engine performs? you are just ignorant. open your mind up to something besides a honda K motor. [/quote]
icy winds,
you just got :owned: ,yet again. you need to take a hint

who ever said that you need a Key to jack a new Honda/Acura car, just doesn't know,

just go to www.iaai.com and go to action lists and you will see tons of 1999-2001 Integra's and RSX's and even WRX, which people stole them, so if you think about it, just put a 98 ECU in it and you ready to go,

I know people who stole SL600's in Germany so I don't think there is a car wihich can't be stolen,

never say = never

Originally posted by JOHNNYLIGHTFOOT@Jan 30 2004, 11:20 PM
wtf does the drivetrain have to do with how the engine performs? 

you just got  :owned: ,yet again. you need to take a hint

so if you think about it, just put a 98 ECU in it and you ready to go

What the hell are you talking about, JOHNNYLIGHTFOOT once again you use the owning signs? you didnt prove anything. Psychotic hater.

I dont like subaru that much, has nothing to do with my mind. I like the lancer more the the WRX.

The old ITR is not faster than the RSX-S.
How are you gonna put different ECU connectors on a car then take it that dosent make sense. There 2 completey different ECU's your an idiot. RSX has an immbolizer system you cant plug a different ecu into it.

Drive train has alot to do with it. Takes more power to turn 4 wheels than 2.
FWD - 250hp 94 civic dx vs AWD 250hp DSM - DSM < CIVIC.

FWD Drivetrain loss is 15%, RWD Drivetrain loss is 20-25%. AWD Drivetrain Loss (depending on type/model and LSD) is a 40% loss.

i think what he meant is that if you race from a roll (say 50-60 mph) the FWD would probably take the AWD (in ideal conditions that is) due to less power lost from the drivetrain
there was a debate about this on dsmtalk :ph34r:

edit: take the WRX if you can afford one, the insurance shouldnt be too much higher. in fact for some reason my insurance dropped when i got my GSX (used to have an accord). as for fuel economy expect low 20's if you're lucky, i get 17-19 usually

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Jan 31 2004, 02:16 AM
get a ITR that's it, hella better then RSX type S, and it's around 15g's too,

Damn, i dont know where the hell you've seen ITR's that cheap. Here in SoCal a nice ITR runs for around 18-20k, too damn much i think

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Jan 31 2004, 12:21 AM-->
JOHNNYLIGHTFOOT
@Jan 30 2004, 11:20 PM
wtf does the drivetrain have to do with how the engine performs? 

you just got  :owned: ,yet again. you need to take a hint

so if you think about it, just put a 98 ECU in it and you ready to go

What the hell are you talking about, JOHNNYLIGHTFOOT once again you use the owning signs? you didnt prove anything. Psychotic hater.

Hey Fuckstick!!!

This was my post:
FWD top end is better than AWD. Im not gonna argue, I like k-series engine better. Screw subapoo uh subaru. i know i have looked into the price of mods for the subaru, and i'm very sure dohcvtec_accord has also, obviously you have not. and like B said, wtf does the drivetrain have to do with how the engine performs? you are just ignorant. open your mind up to something besides a honda K motor.
icy winds,
you just got owned ,yet again. you need to take a hint

You need to quit trying to start shit.

grabbing things from different posts, and pasting them together.
I only wrote part of that. you are being an asshat.

Both of you are fuckin immature, stop arguing over bullshit that really doesn't matter. All you do on this site is annoy the hell outta everyone and try to start shit.

So for once, just SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!

ok so who ever said that puting another ECU into a car with imobilizer system doesn't work if you want to take it, you abvisly don't know what you talkin about and you full of shit, cuz I have a 2001 GSR and this cars have a Imobilizer system, so I needed a key with a chip in it, so basically I just tryed with my2001 ECU to start the car with a regular key/not the one with the chip in it, so I couldnt started, any wayz..................it's a long story how I lost my 2001 ECU so I ended with a 98 ECU, you just plug it, and of course there is more to it, and if you know how to do it it takes you about 15-20 minutes, so with that ECU I could use all the key's that I want, with or W/O the chip in them,

so I know personally know people who jack Type R's and RSX on the daily bases and they say that Honda Emobilizer system is bull shit, everything is in the ECU,

so if you don't know just be quet and listen,

by the way I am from Washington and I saw a 2000 ITR for 15g's in the AutoTrader, I don't know the condition of the car though, and the car is Black, it's all stock too, and ways check it out,

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Feb 1 2004, 03:26 AM
1.ok so who ever said that puting another ECU into a car with imobilizer system doesn't work if you want to take it, (you abvisly don't know what you talkin about and you full of shit)

2. so I know personally know people who jack Type R's and RSX on the daily bases and they say that Honda Emobilizer system is bull shit,

3. (everything is in the ECU)

So there pro locks smiths now. Now your going to said they swap out the ignition key lock on the steering wheel column. (Which you didnt mention) My friend mark has a 94 and gee there must be 2001 GSR's that dont have Imbolizers plenty people steal GSR's in florida for engine swaps. Only theft deterent I know for the radio.
GSR's are like this you take the column box off you might need a 8mm with extention (loosen the two bolts) ignition hangs, after that you need a small phillps for the 2 screws on the back of the ignition key where the 2 wires end (the small plastic piece). Take that off grab a flat head push in the clutch turn the ignition on. same with 5th gen civics and earlier. I only do this when I lose my civics key and i really have to go some where.

1 ?? read the damn thread you not talking in person. :emofo:

2. Who cares if you know people who steal cars, once they get caught your done for.

3.K-series equipped cars has a completly different ECU different fuel maps,distributorless ignition, and different pinouts, also every thing is not in the ECU.
You dont swap GSR ECU's to take or even try to start an RSX.
This is the Immobilzer for K-series motors. Only way I see it, is if you swap the locks and ECU, from another k-series car.
k20seriesimmoscrew1.jpg

kseriesimmobiliser.jpg

:owned:

Back