Acura TLX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't see how a 10 speed could be beneficial. A car that likes to gear hunt is annoying.

New transmissions shift pretty damn smooth for the most part. I highly doubt you'd notice it changing gears, especially since they are shifting really quickly too.

Was wondering if someone was going to say something about this. I've been working on the car for the past couple years. Power to weight it is going to be VERY competitive in it's class. The car looks good in person too. Finally an Acura I can be proud of. This thing does have some Accord DNA in it, but what car nowadays doesn't have some platform sharing? It is required to survive.

the current TL is 36 to 45k. So I think its safe to assume we're in the same ballpark.

This is a VERY competitive price point.
Everything from the lower corvettes to the 3 series and a4's and G-series are all in here.
ALL of which still come with a man pedal.

What does the acura do better than any of those? Nothing that I can see.

Comparatively equipped, this should be about 10k less than those. The Vettes are well into the 50's now.

New transmissions shift pretty damn smooth for the most part. I highly doubt you'd notice it changing gears, especially since they are shifting really quickly too.
I'm not saying every car will, or does do it. When I was working at the Infiniti dealership I recall at least 2 times. Non-Infiniti cars, but I can't recall the makes. Then again, they were pre-owned. Maybe they were just jacked up.

I'm not saying every car will, or does do it. When I was working at the Infiniti dealership I recall at least 2 times. Non-Infiniti cars, but I can't recall the makes. Then again, they were pre-owned. Maybe they were just jacked up.

Yeah, who knows. I do agree that gear hunting can get annoying. Thankfully, my Accord only has 4 speeds to choose from :p

Yeah, who knows. I do agree that gear hunting can get annoying. Thankfully, my Accord only has 4 speeds to choose from :p
Same here. The 97 DC and the 95 ZJ(both auto) have 4. Wish there was one more on the top.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty funny that they literally just smashed together the names of the two cars that it's replacing, lol...

I think it's pretty funny that they literally just smashed together the names of the two cars that it's replacing, lol...

I wish they would bring back the awesome names like Integra, Vigor, Legend.... For a while now nothing has deserved those names. I think this one will.

Agree but it's easier to parlay that name recognition than to teach an entire group of people to ask for a new vehicle name. Just look at the Ford 500 vs Ford Taurus. ...and that was when the Taurus badge was not well regarded - it still crushed the 500 in recognition.

I'm kinda digging it, glad Acura is making a somewhat normal looking car again. Being a TL owner, I HATE what Acura did to such a great car. Nice to see that I might one day own an Acura again.

Any idea on entry price point?

I wish they would bring back the awesome names like Integra, Vigor, Legend.... For a while now nothing has deserved those names. I think this one will.
Yea, but I'd hate to see them use a well regarded name on something unworthy. Like say, how Dodge basically renamed the Neon after a very popular muscle car.

Back