Acura TLX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigJ

I'm just about that action Boss.
VIP
What does everyone think of this thing? I know it only comes in autotragic but it might fit the bill perfectly for the gf down the road. We're always talking A4 or 3 series, but I'd rather buy Japanese.

2015-Acura-TLX-24-front-three-quarter-02.jpg

http://m.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1408_2015_acura_tlx_first_drive/

not a bad looking car
a little flat black plastidip on the big ass badge plaque in the grill would help the looks tremendously

the led headlights are kinda cool

id say go for it

i dont know how they are now but when we looked at them a while back the backseat space sucked. if your thinking kids your seat will be getting kicked all day lol

I hated them at first.
there's a few at work now, and they are slowly growing on me as i walk past them.

honestly, if i was in that segment, and wanting to stay jdm, i'd probably be looking at a legacy instead.

i dont know how they are now but when we looked at them a while back the backseat space sucked. if your thinking kids your seat will be getting kicked all day lol

Literally just came out, but yeah the back space is similar to the TSX. My buddy jason has a 2012 and its pretty comfortable for 4 of us to go to leavenworth once a year.

The TLX is the new one. It's replacing both the TL and TSX.

The 2.4 is the way to go in that car. 8 speed dual clutch trans, with a torque converter. Quickness of a DCT with the off the line smoothness of a slushbox. I took a pre-production one one for a night and was pleasantly surprised at how awesome the trans is. The V6 ones are much quicker, but have a slushbox 9 speed auto. No thanks. Fuel economy is best in class. The suspension tuning on this car is the best on a Honda/Acura in a long time. NHV was a big focus with this development and it shows. The car is super quiet going down the road.

Some complaints: The tires suck big time. I'm sure they are great in the snow, and have low rolling resistance, but God this car is wayyyy under-tired for the chassis. The brakes are Accord brakes. This means they fade when you drive the car hard. An Acura should have better. The TL had nice brakes. This car is a step back. Lastly, the touch screen navi SUCKS.

I designed several pieces on this rig, so no bias here...

Nobody under 30 without kids should own a 4-door unless it's an Evo, WRX, or BMW. It just screams "PARENTS BOUGHT MY CAR".

Back