Add A D16a6 Cam To My D15b2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
for the time being until I save some cash for a descent swap, do any of you think it's worth it to add a D16A6 cam to my D15B2.
considering I only have 60K miles on my current motor , and I can find a cam for a descent price.

I would save your money. DO an mpfi swap. I might be able to sell you the stuff to do an mpfi swap. Ill let you know. The DPFI is really holding you back. Ask Maaseyracer about how much of a difference it made. It made a big difference when I did it to my civic. Doing any mods to a dx is worthless without an mpfi.

I'm gettin the MPFI swap stuff from Bill soon
I'm thinking of doing a cam as well just for a little more umf. for my daily driver.

I'm thinking about looking for another crx shell to make a real race car out of.

Yes there are instructions here on HS just search I've posted them a cuple times. And YES it's worth it, you can also use aftermarket A6 Cams, delta does regrinds for $85.

Use a Z6 or Y8 IM and a B series TB when you do the MPFI swap and it will like the cam even more.

It bolts up, but the intake manifold has to be ported to match.

Doing any mods to a dx is worthless without an mpfi.

Oh yeah?? Dyno'ed my car today...still with the DPFI. Im swapping to MPFI and wanted to do a dyno run with just the si cam swap first.

Picture488.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back