Adding Gauge Cluster w/Tach to CX?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

grinnis

I would like to add a gauge cluster from a different model Civic/Del Sol so that I have a factory looking tach. I don't really dig those monster tachs and I am trying to have a stock/sleeper looking car. Is it difficult to add/run a tach wire to the distributor? Should I use a USDM or JDM gauge cluster? Do Integra gauges fit? What about the other lights and gauges? Will I have to change my wiring/harness?Help would be greatly appreciated. :worthy:

del sol clusters wont work in a civic ... they are shaped different

Use a cluster from your same generation (92-95 or 96-00) of Civic that has a tachometer in it... usually an EX cluster. It will plug right in to your existing wiring without any modifications.

get an Ex cluster, literally three screws come out, unplug, replug new cluster and vwahla, now you have a tach. Very easy, and the EX cluster should run in the neighborhood of 50-100 bucks used, nothing more though.

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jul 26 2003, 12:19 AM
get an Ex cluster, literally three screws come out, unplug, replug new cluster and vwahla, now you have a tach. Very easy, and the EX cluster should run in the neighborhood of 50-100 bucks used, nothing more though.

Milan

thats what i did, put a EX cluster in my DX

yeah bro, the ex cluster works fine, just don't go and spend your beans on a fuckin spoon cluster that will do the same as anyones scrapped ex cluster.

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 4 2003, 09:02 PM
yeah bro, the ex cluster works fine, just don't go and spend your beans on a fuckin spoon cluster that will do the same as anyones scrapped ex cluster.

Milan

:werd: why would you pay more for the same function. unless, of course, you are a ricer.

Back