adding more hp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

^thats why.
its 75 hp more, i dont remember the torque difference though, but the z6 only has like 106.
its around 160 torque at least :p..

The stock H series tranny is geared like the LS tranny though.

yah for H2B's.

good luck finding 2.75" exhaust piping.

What are your power goals? The D16Z6 can hit around 150-160whp with off the shelf parts and tuning. Even more can be had if you "get into it". Anything higher I'd recommend B or F/H.

If you want to be different, no one has swapped a L13/L15, or R18. ;)

I wasn't bothering to look it up, but it does depend on which one you are looking at. The US spec A1, JDM spec, US spec A4 or JDM TYPE R(lol)!!!

200hp 161tq for the jspec
220hp 163 for the jspec type s

according to h motors.

as someone else stated.. R18 swap would be different.

not a bad idea either... you can prolly get em cheap (for a nearly new engine) since there's all those assholes who buy new civic's and then decide they want a K.

I would consider that if i still had my 84 hatch...

R18 would be interestingly cheap if you have the skills to wire it up and fabricate your own mounts and shifter. then you'd have to get pretty lucky with axles and clearance. the price of a base model accord K24 is pretty cheap. as is the price of the 02-03 civic si 5-speed. those combined with well documented wiring changes and a plethora of mount/shifter kits make this K a pretty tough deal to beat. imo, if you're trying to be original you'd be much better off building a volvo or importing some non-existant model in the states. if however you want to build a quick car that's cheap and reliable, hondas are just the ticket. build it to please you though, when you try to please everyone else with your build is when you'll fall into insanity. build your car how you think it should be, and screw the naysayers.

Back