Adjustable Cam Gears

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kaeson

Hey Guys,

I was in a discussion with a friend recently (10-15 minutes ago), and he was saying (confidently) that Adjustable gears were originally made to be used with stock cams. How true is this? I totally disagreed with this, it really made no sense to me. Im thinking that the stock cams are already set to the best timing possible for peak performance for a stock car.

well, just so you know this forum is for non tech related topics.

but to answer your Q, you can use cam gears to adjust your factory or aftermarket cams/cam, reason why is because every motor "even though the same" makes different power and every motor has a different optimal power output.

Milan

no clue if they were originally made for stock or aftermarket cams .... but there is lots of power to be made by adjusting stock cams

stock cars are setup to get good gas milage, run quietly and smoothly, maximum reliability, etc... not for maximum performance... if that was the case then the aftermarket world wouldnt exist because everything would be fully tweeked right from the factory

Back