1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjustable FPR question

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by P7ank5te7, May 22, 2007.

1. P7ank5te7

P7ank5te7 New Member

Out of curiosity, does anyone know anything about the adjustable FPR's like B&M sells? Like a buddy of mine got me one, already put together by the previous owner, but no instructions. I know the process of adjusting it in the sense of disconnect the vacuum line, and adjust the regulator, based on what the gauge reads. I have my gauge mounted on the fuel filter, so its not like a blind adjustment. But my question is how do I adjust the regulator. The bolt of course but, does it get tightened or loosened to lower pressure, because I want to start it off low and adjust up so that I don't break anything. Can anyone direct me to the instructions or a PDF file on it? I know I don't need it but, in this case, its an engine dress-up kind of thing. So. Thanks -Gary

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

the nipple thing on top that the vacuum line attaches to adjusts the fuel pressure

3. P7ank5te7

P7ank5te7 New Member

Thanks for the fast reply. So I shouldn't have to adjust the static pressure(w/o vacuum)? Thats what I'm trying to understand how to adjust, mean I was looking at it, and pulled I guess what is used as a locking nut, but I'm just brain dead when it comes to it. LoL. But I want to make sure its got the right pressure because I don't know what the previous owner had it set for. Make sense? -Gary

4. P7ank5te7

P7ank5te7 New Member

Well, I'm a complete moron. Hahah. But I got it on and adjusted, after looking at it, just playing with it I figured it out. Per the manual, static pressure should be between 40-47psi. Anyone have a suggested pressure? I have it at about 44-46 which runs about 35 at idle with vacuum. It's got a just an intake, header(not on yet), cat back exhaust, and 10mm wires. I know I don't need to add the pressure, but I was just curious whats the optimum pressure? -Gary

5. eg6sir

it should be 41psi w/ the vacuum line unhooked

6. P7ank5te7

P7ank5te7 New Member

So I should turn it down to 41? It shouldn't hurt it being higher tho, right? Just make me lose gas mileage, right? -Gary

7. eg6sir

it should be fine where its at.. if you start dumping black smoke out the exhaust, you might wanna turn it down..

8. P7ank5te7

P7ank5te7 New Member

Black smoke? I hear what your saying. I would think the computer would recognize it was dumping a little too much fuel and cut back the injector pulse width a little. But I'm still rather new to the whole thing here. Doesn't do that? I know I was reading that a WB O2 sensor helps it tho. -Gary

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted