adjusting engine height

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I would defintely remove some webbing on the hood vs. trying to compensate by adjusting the mounts. I am going to have the same issue on this crx I just finished up with a ls/vtec. We are going to mark where the valve cover sits on the bottom of the hood and make clearance with a cut off wheel. The bottom of the hood might not be exactly beautiful but at least the outside will! Whenever you replace all your mounts with urethane ones you will have vibration. The main reason cars come with rubber mounts is that they absorb the vibration. The way I see it is, not having any drivetrain movement and getting all of the power to the ground, is worth the vibration.

Last edited:
I think trimming the webbing on a CF hood is a bad idea. Just add a few washers between the part of the mount that bolts to the block and the part of the mount that has the polyurethane bushing. That should lower it just enough to clear and I HIGHLY doubt will cause any issues with your axles.

I had this issue with my d.a., I have a auto to manuel swap aswell and you have to run the conversion mount. I wasn't able to find the hasport one, if they even make it I don't know but inovative mount's definitely make the auto to manuel conversion mount for 90-93 intrgra's. That is what I have on my car now......even's it out perfectly. The automatic tranny is quite a bit larger than the standard tranny, so honda put the actuall mount bracket that is welded under the hood slightly higher than the standard vehicle's so that the motor would sit straight. If I were you I would just get the conversion mount but I dont see any reason why the washer idea would cause aproblem as long as you get longer bolt's offcoarse.......good luck and I hope that help's.

Back