Adobe buys Macromedia

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

afraid of what? they both make pretty much the same shit- it makes sense to me.

besides, the only decent product either makes is photoshop. lol

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 18 2005, 11:03 AM
afraid of what? they both make pretty much the same shit- it makes sense to me.

besides, the only decent product either makes is photoshop. lol
[post=488270]Quoted post[/post]​

Afraid of WHAT?!?!?! Let's see, a company that can deal the death blow to Apple if they so choose. A company that can deal the death blow to Firefox.

If Microsoft gets its hands in (or buys) Adobe... game over.

Actually the whole Indesign, illustrator, photoshop suite is the best thing they have going.

who cares about apple... lol

as for firefox? how does an imaging suite effect it in the least?

flash sucks anyway. its so useles.. in fact, if a flash site doesn't offer an html only version, i won't go to it.

like skunk2's site. it fuckign blows. so useles...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 18 2005, 12:13 PM
who cares about apple... lol

as for firefox? how does an imaging suite effect it in the least?

flash sucks anyway. its so useles.. in fact, if a flash site doesn't offer an html only version, i won't go to it.

like skunk2's site. it fuckign blows. so useles...
[post=488300]Quoted post[/post]​

Well it's not only flash, but PDF. For most sites, PDF is the preferred document type for downloads and the sort.

As for Firefox, we're back to Flash. What happens if Adobe decides to alter Flash, but only releases a plugin for IE? You might be unaffected, but the vast majority of internet users will turn away from FF.

Most graphic production is done on a Mac. The two main programs for that are Adobe Photoshop and Macromedia Dreamweaver. Granted if Mac support for PS is dropped, that will open doors for the Gimp. Gimp kicks Photoshop's ass IMHO, but Adobe has the opportunity to put a massive dent in Apple's world.

Imagine if Microsoft bought the new Adobe Systems Inc. It is a possibility given their insane need to integrate the internet and the desktop. Flash and PDF would be two nice additions to that.

Adobe controls a good amount of online interaction now. Whoever controls Adobe... you get the idea.

PDF's suck too. way too bulky.

but thats besides the point... you DONT need adobe acrobat to read or create a pdf. theres 2312 alternatives for free out there. PDF is a format, not a copyright'ed (copywritten ??) document type.

If adobe stops support for flash for alternative browsers, then its up to the designers to learn how to fucking code and make a real site. you DONT need flash AT ALL to make a website work.

With the advaces with CSS and the DOM as of late, even mouseovers are done with CSS now. drop down menu systems? yup- css. flash is getting more and more out of date, and IMO, is best used for useless shit like strongbad cartoons-- not a navigation menu system.

most graphics are done on mac's, sure... i will agree with that.
But i will not agree that photoshop and indesign are the most used apps.
there's a lot of mac-only graphics suites for the enterprise level out there for them.

if MS buys Adobe, its going to be another trail and slipt down for monopolization. i think its in their best intrest NOT to buy anything else.

besides, google will probably put out something better soon. lol

There's much worse things to think about when thinking about MS, and you Sabz should be watching them. Product authentication (affects me :( ), Trusted Compter Base, software patents, etc...could be a deadly blow to Oopen source fans.

Fuck I hope they do not kill Fireworks, that program is 50 millions times better than image ready.
Oh and do not worry about Adobe leaving the Mac, they are rooted way to deep there. Their mac sales are way up in the last 2 years, as well as the fact that the graphic design and print design industries would pretty much stop if Adobe stopped making mac software.
Microsoft also has way too much of an interrest in Apple since they are a large share holder of Apple stock.
Macromedia was a great company I worked there for about a year when I was in high school, and they treated me very well. I hope that Adobe takes on many of the macromedia products and adopts some of their features.

Back