Adobe Flash Player/FF Plug-in Container lowering system volume

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

For some reason, Adobe Flash or some plug-in(Mozilla Plug-In Container in the task manager) lowers the volume of all other applications running(mainly iTunes). It lowers the volume for maybe 10seconds and then it goes back to normal, and just keeps doing this. It took me a while to figure it out what was causing it but closing the plug-in container makes it stop(in the RealTek volume menu it shows the plug-in container volume at normal while everything else is turned down). What's weird though is it does this even if there's no flash video on(I'm assuming advertisements may cause this) or even after I close any/all windows using Flash. Does anyone know how to fix this?

BTW, it just started doing this maybe a week after I updated Flash.

Does RealTek have hooks in Flash? I would try switching your volume control back over to the OS to see if that fixes the issue.

I don't think so.

The volume is pretty controlled by the OS already(I thought it was Realtek's volume controller, but turns out it was just the Windows 7 mixer; I have both icons on my taskbar; the Realtek program icon looks similar but is orange, and just controls the hardware input/output and overall hardware volume).

Have you updated to the latest firefox as well? the containter itself is not really a part of flash, but of the browsers and other items that EMBED flash.

3.6.8 is farily stable.

3.6.7 and 3.6.6 were aweful with this.

the FF plugin-container.exe is there to keep firefox from crashing if one of the plug-ins fails .. that way it doesnt shut down firefox, just the plug-in

Yes, Firefox is up to date.

I think I'll try Opera or Chrome and see if it does it with that.

Back