Advantages of lowering a car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

legutki

I just wondering if i should spend money on this or on something else. im the type of person that cares all about performance rather than looks. I wondering what i should do next now that my swap has been completed for a couple months.

put nitrous? turbo? HMMm... If you are going to drop it, put some coil-overs. An advantage is that if you have a lower center of gravity... if done correctly, it'll be nice for cornering... Man, my civic is all stock and that sucker corners nicely off of the 110 freeway to the 105 hehehe. ;) that's a 25mph turn and the maximum that i've taken it is 53 grrr... my car doesn't have enough power to reach 55 LOL

Advantages: lower center of gravity, better cornering, better all around handling

cons: ( to some ppl) ride is too rough, may have trouble driving into some driveways-speed bumps-shit like that, stock shocks will wear ALOT faster, maybe too much neg camber depending on how low your car is.

id say do it

on the 1/4mile side of things, usually when lowering a car the springs tend to be stiffer. Stiffer springs will help you launch better, especially if you get adjustable shocks with the lowering kit. get in all in one- not sleevovers.

I have Skunkworks GC's all around, and even at regular ride height i could tell the difference, the handling capabilities only got better when i lowered it, be sure to get better struts/shocks tho, someone mentioned they wear out quicker, boy do they.... with a nice set of adjustable shocks/struts... and some decent GC's you will love it.... B)

bad side to it all... it does lessen the ride quality by alot.... :(

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Sep 11 2003, 12:14 AM
it doesnt lessen it, it just makes it so that you feel, MOST of the bumps in the road. :p you know, for better "handels".

You have a point there :D god i feel everthing, this is also probably due to all the struts being blown <_< :p

i put off lowering my crx for the longest time and didnt really want to lower it, but had no choice. now that its lowered (eibach sportline springs w/kyb shocks) it feels like a race car to me...or at least like a high performance sports car. it has almost no body roll in the turns and its very firm and responsive. i will never go back to a stock suspension. :)

Aside from what everybody else has stated, it also makes the car look better. Some people might disagree, but the look is just more aggressive.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Sep 16 2003, 02:53 AM
i put off lowering my crx for the longest time and didnt really want to lower it, but had no choice. now that its lowered (eibach sportline springs w/kyb shocks) it feels like a race car to me...or at least like a high performance sports car. it has almost no body roll in the turns and its very firm and responsive. i will never go back to a stock suspension. :)

i did the same thing, adn once i got my neuspeed/kyb combo on ill never go back, however, i have to go 1/2mph over anything (speedbemp, driveway, ect..) or else everything in my car will go flying.

Back