Advice about buying an Integra....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

E-dogg

So I saw this Integra that my brothers friend has today and I asked if it was for sale. I think it's like a '93 or so. It has the B18 engine. He said it doesn't run because of the tranny. The body looked OK, I didn't walk all the way around it though. Anyway, he wants 1k for it but I figured I'd offer him $800. I only want the engine to drop into a CRX. What do you guys think, worse case scenario the engine is irrepairable.... Would I be able to break even parting the car out?? Thanks for the advice, I'm just not to savvy about the integra thing.

NOPE...BUy my engine,....I'll drop a gsr tranny with it....But you have to come pick it up....lol

I dunno....I think its a little too much....IMO...You get cars like that here for like 300 bux.... :blink:

Originally posted by Estorvito@Sep 2 2005, 09:29 PM
NOPE...BUy my engine,....I'll drop a gsr tranny with it....But you have to come pick it up....lol

I dunno....I think its a little too much....IMO...You get cars like that here for like 300 bux.... :blink:
[post=549041]Quoted post[/post]​

damn selling your motor already :lol:

damn selling your motor already 

:eek:t: damn you... I have 3....and 2 gsr tranny's..lol

P.S. DONATE something ripp..stop being cheap....donate

back to topic...= Yeah..Not worth it IMO...lol <-- again..

So, just out of curiousity, how much would ya want for one of your engines and where do you live?? We'll factor in the gas and/or shipping cost and weigh the results. I imagine that you would have to be selling the engine pretty damn cheap to compete with someone selling a whole car for 1k.

Originally posted by E-dogg@Sep 3 2005, 12:17 AM
So, just out of curiousity,  how much would ya want for one of your engines and where do you live??  We'll factor in the gas and/or shipping cost and weigh the results.  I imagine that you would have to be selling the engine pretty damn cheap to compete with someone selling a whole car for 1k.
[post=549070]Quoted post[/post]​

dont worry its gonna be cheaper.....lol....I need the shit out of my garage..BUt like i said you must come pick it up..I dont like to ship anything...

BUffalo NY 14207

How long has the car been out of comission? How many miles are on the engine?

If the body is in decent shape and interior is nice along with the engine running good you could break even or possibly make a profit be parting it out.

Yeah the body isn't in the best shape. There is nearly no rust but upon further examination I noticed that the interior was not well maintained. There was a puddle of oil under the engine. The car doesn't run at the moment. The shifter knob is missing. It also has two flat tires. I think all this makes me feel that the car has not been driven for quite a while and there is probably much more wrong with it than stated. Not worth losing $1000 in my opinion. So.... after much deliberation (i.e. my girlfriend said no) I have decided I will not purchase it. Thanks for the advice guys!!

Originally posted by E-dogg@Sep 4 2005, 01:28 PM
So.... after much deliberation (i.e. my girlfriend said no) I have decided I will not purchase it. Thanks for the advice guys!!

:whip: :whip: :whip:
She's smart tho, i wouldn't pay that either.
Good conclusion B)

Back