1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice about buying an Integra....

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by E-dogg, Sep 2, 2005.

1. E-dogg

E-dogg Senior Member

So I saw this Integra that my brothers friend has today and I asked if it was for sale. I think it's like a '93 or so. It has the B18 engine. He said it doesn't run because of the tranny. The body looked OK, I didn't walk all the way around it though. Anyway, he wants 1k for it but I figured I'd offer him $800. I only want the engine to drop into a CRX. What do you guys think, worse case scenario the engine is irrepairable.... Would I be able to break even parting the car out?? Thanks for the advice, I'm just not to savvy about the integra thing.

2. Estorvito

Estorvito Soy Boricua

NOPE...BUy my engine,....I'll drop a gsr tranny with it....But you have to come pick it up....lol

I dunno....I think its a little too much....IMO...You get cars like that here for like 300 bux.... :blink:

3. ripperbone

ripperbone angry bear

damn selling your motor already :lol:

4. Estorvito

Estorvito Soy Boricua

:eek:t: damn you... I have 3....and 2 gsr tranny's..lol

P.S. DONATE something ripp..stop being cheap....donate

back to topic...= Yeah..Not worth it IMO...lol <-- again..

5. E-dogg

E-dogg Senior Member

So, just out of curiousity, how much would ya want for one of your engines and where do you live?? We'll factor in the gas and/or shipping cost and weigh the results. I imagine that you would have to be selling the engine pretty damn cheap to compete with someone selling a whole car for 1k.

6. Estorvito

Estorvito Soy Boricua

dont worry its gonna be cheaper.....lol....I need the shit out of my garage..BUt like i said you must come pick it up..I dont like to ship anything...

BUffalo NY 14207

7. trappd-in-859

trappd-in-859 New Member

How long has the car been out of comission? How many miles are on the engine?

If the body is in decent shape and interior is nice along with the engine running good you could break even or possibly make a profit be parting it out.

8. E-dogg

E-dogg Senior Member

Yeah the body isn't in the best shape. There is nearly no rust but upon further examination I noticed that the interior was not well maintained. There was a puddle of oil under the engine. The car doesn't run at the moment. The shifter knob is missing. It also has two flat tires. I think all this makes me feel that the car has not been driven for quite a while and there is probably much more wrong with it than stated. Not worth losing $1000 in my opinion. So.... after much deliberation (i.e. my girlfriend said no) I have decided I will not purchase it. Thanks for the advice guys!!

9. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

:whip: :whip: :whip:
    She's smart tho, i wouldn't pay that either.
    Good conclusion B)

10. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted