Advice for my next purchase...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Just got a Yard Man 4 stroke. Plenty of power, quiet, exhaust doesn't smell like shit.

Looking at reviews on Ryobi trimmers, I think I got lucky! Besides the bump head, it runs and functions the same since I got it years ago. Then again, it doesn't get much hours put on it.

Last edited:
I have an Echo trimmer; I love it.
:withstupid: echo, and stihl are the only options for me. i use these tools commercially though. another alternative to gas is propane now with hand tools, ive seen the popping up alot around here.

never used one so i cant speak to the quality
Amazon.com: LEHR ST025DC 25cc Propane Powered 4-Stroke Detachable Curved-Shaft Eco Trimmer: Patio, Lawn & Garden

if i was you i would go with the stihl kombi system
http://www.stihl.com/isapi/default.asp?contenturl=/knowhow/producttechnics/combisystem/default.htm

Last edited:
my dad has one, you have seen his yard he can't make it through it with that thing, it has lots of horrible reviews as well online

probably didn't cycle the battery correctly. Full drain, full charge. otherwise the battery life gets less and like, like any thing else.

All the professionals use Husky, Echo or Stihl. They run forever, and take a shit-beating.

My parents had an old Ryobi that was used for almost 10 years with no issues until it ventilated the crankcase in a spectacular fashion on startup.

Back