Advice needed.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

philyphreak2127

Back in the Game
I have the opputunity to pick up a 93 civic that just blew a head gasket for very cheap around $300. It still has the stock motor in it. I was thinking baout buying the car and replacing the head gasket myself then selling the car. I figure why let a good honda go to waste? I was wondering if asking $1000 for it after the new head gasket would be unreasonable? It has around 150,000 miles, the interior isn't the cleanest thing I have ever seen but it will be detailed inside, outside, and under the hood before being sold. Let me know what you guys think.

Shit, I'd ask like $2,000. If you're gonna replace the head gasket, give it a full tune-up, and detail it inside and out, might as well ask for at least 2k. Clean EG hatches are in demand. You can always accept somebody's best offer.

I bet that shit is in NEPA. Only cause of your username.

I'd pass if the dude's name is Justin and it's in (can't think of the name, near bushkill), I thought about that car too, it's a piece of shit.

if the outside is decent, no rust and what-not, go for it. ask 2k obo. take 1700 cash for it after they low-ball the shit out of you and you will make a 1100-1200 profit. :D

unfrotunely the guy decided to put a new motor in it. and no it isn't anyone on here its a friend of mine. He blew his head gasket and the shop was charging him $750 to do it. He was debating about getting a new car but decided to put a new motor in it. He likes hondas but isn't into building them into anything special just daily drivers so the only aftermarket work done was left over parts from mine and another of his friends garages. But yeah he was gonna give me such a good deal if he bought a new car. oh well. thanks for the advice guys.

oh by the way I live in colorado I just love the eagles always have always will.

Back