Advice on aftermarket exhaust?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bcman

Earlier this week I took my 95 Civic EX in to a muffler shop to check out an exhaust leak. The tech said the resonator is rusted and cracked, as well as most of the pipe from the cat back. I figure now is the time for a modest exhaust upgrade. He suggested a performance resonator ($75), a Magnaflow muffler ($120), and 2.25" pipe. With labor he quoted $391. Does this seem like a reasonable price? Any suggestions for alternative mufflers (I'd like to see a little hp/fuel economy increase, but really don't want a loud system)? And is 2.25" preferable over 2" (car is stock besides the CAI)?

well for 400 bucks you can get a much better cat back exhaust already made to bolt right up to your car

^ exactly! There are many different options as far as cat backs go! Just shop around and check reviews on the ones you are interested in to know for sure what kind of sound you will get! But that 400 dollars can def go to a better setup then what the muffler shop suggested!

Back