Advice on Buying Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Exactly, no way not with with just Type R parts. I say find a good condition cheaper Del Sol and do it up yourself with the money your didnt spend.

you say b16
his ad says b18a bottom with b16b top.

the wheels are hideous.
why would you swap out the stock del sol seats for civic dx looking POS's?

then there's the whole legal issue of putting an older block in a newer car...

i'd pass on it...

but then, I'd pass on just about anything where the guy types in all caps, can't spell warranty, . Shows me his intelligence level... and if he isn't smart enough to write, he probably isn't smart enough to build a car right either.

cuz... your retarded if you buy that car he took the pics at night (so you cant see how shitty the car looks) then he put those heavy ass wheels on it but its a performance car ??? with a "stage 5 clutch" thats ebay junk the headers ebay junk he prolly stole the rims or found them in a junk yard its too low and then he put some stock seats from some other car in hes a ricer and he prolly bought that car with the stuff done to it beat it to death now he wants to sell it..... take your money buy a stock del sol... you never want to buy something that someone you dont know built... buy a stock one then use the extra money to build your own ride so you know exactly whats done and not done and you yourslf can get it dynoed and know the real numbers the car puting out ...

P.S. i cant spell for shit but i can build a car;)... lol

hey turd, whats wrong with your current car?

before you do anything stupid, sit down and really think about what you want. if it's not a porsche, then don't even worry about it. just get what you want.

sell you little ricer car and start new. don't buy anything fixed up. it's just going to be a headache, unless you buy from someone reputable. jimboburgess is on here selling a clean b16 crx. look at something like that.

it so hard, my del sol is a piece of rusting shit. Thats why im selling it. the person who owned it before me was a hack mechanic and everything is screwed up. Im either thinking about another Del sol that wasent screwed with, an eclipse spyder, or a jeep. I honestly would love to get another del sol though, swap a b16, then turbo it when the money comes in. If anyone knows of a good del sol for sale please let me know. email works best- dudekyle2002@yahoo.com

ok dude, listen VERY carefully.

1) sell your car
2) find a BONE STOCK b16 del sol. they came factory from 94-97. find one an older woman drives, maybe she bought it new.
3) BUY THAT CAR
4) upgrade the brakes, tires suspension
5) learn how to drive really well. (and i'm not talking about just shifting fast. i mean learn cornering, heel toe, and rev match)
6) save for turbo
7) in about 2 years, put the turbo on it

now, go away...:D

theres a chance its puttin out do it but id not fork no paypal until you see it and drive id say 225 hp,its nice though

So you doubt 235 horses, but 225 seems right? Based on what? Are you just arbitrarily pulling numbers out of your ass? Jesus Christ...your screen name is quite accurate...

I would not want to buy that car. First off it doesnt make anywhere near 235 hp at the wheels, a stock bottom end ls/vtec wont make that at the crank! Do you trust a engine built by someone who believed a stage 5 clutch would be good for the setup? I dont think so. The rest of the car looks clean but white hides body flaws better then any other color so it is hard to say. My opinion this car is someones "problem project car" that they are getting rid of, like so many I see for sale all of the time.

the dudes a liar.
dont fuck with him.

the intake is clearly stock, no short ram there.
unless hes using stock tubing.. lol
with 4k, you could make your current sol better.. especially since his car probably doesnt have a single part on that list.

theres this guy, hes a member on here..
hes selling a nice looking one.
go check the for sale section.
it looks kinda like the one in your avatar.

Back