advice on what to do

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

punkyjewster41

Hey guys, I have an extremely crappy 95 ford probe. I was told I need to get it registered here in Dallas since im no longer a student and since my inspection sticker is way out. The whole ordeal with plates, registration and license was going to cost alot so I was just going to wait until I went home to MS for christmas and get a new inspection sticker.

Two days ago I got a sticker put on my window saying that the probe is going to get towed if I dont get new plates and inspection stickers by saturday. So I go to get it inspected, and failed emissions. The guy said it probably had to do with the stuttering problem my car has ( not speech, like it runs rough;)) so he told me a few things , fuel filter, O2 sensor, yadda yadda, that might help. Only thing is, im living on a TIGHT budget, I wait tables and barely make enough money to do anything. What would you guys suggest? Should I maybe go buy one of those bottles of stuff that say they make your car pass emissions? Should I get my fuel filter and O2 sensor checked? I dont even know how much that could cost. My only other option is this place my friend said will inspect your car without doing emissions, but I dunno...

If I go back in the next 15 days and pass I dont have to pay again for another inspection, so anyway, I know some of you guys might know more about all this than I do so I thought I'd post. Thanks ahead of time...

go to the place that doesn't do emissions, tight budget mens no money to spend on fancy fuel filters and cats.
although it would be such a bad car with fresh filters and such.

stuff a couple steel wool pads in your midpipe...

-don't stick em in the tail pipe (they will see them :ph34r: )

Back