Advice on which water pump/oil pump

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

When I pull b18b engine I need to do the timing belt. I was going to replace the water pump and the oil pump for good measure for my turbo project. Should I use LS pumps or should replace them with something else. If so what timing belt would I use. I am only going to consider Honda OEM parts.

remember if you use the gsr/type r water pump/oil punp, you also need to use the timing belt from the same. The LS belt is different and will not work.

actually i take me last statement back. what rpm are you going to go to? if over 7500 go with a vtec water pump if not stock is fine. vtec water pumps have more teeth onthem so it pushes less water but is better at higher rpms.

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Feb 7 2005, 12:17 PM
so can I use a gsr water pump, oil pump, and timing belt in my b18b with a LS head?
[post=457453]Quoted post[/post]​

yes. if you use the vtec pumps, you have to use the vtc belt and vice versa. The belt needs to match the pumps basiclly!

i have both a gsr oil pump and a gsr timing belt kit w/ water pump if you want. the water pump and kit are brand new and the oil pump was inspected and i believe resealed so it is like new. tell me what you think.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Feb 7 2005, 04:14 PM
i have both a gsr oil pump and a gsr timing belt kit w/ water pump if you want. the water pump and kit are brand new and the oil pump was inspected and i believe resealed so it is like new. tell me what you think.
[post=457539]Quoted post[/post]​

what are you asking for them, I might be interested if he isn't. LMK

matt

Originally posted by hybrid89+Feb 7 2005, 04:25 PM-->
sLuShBoXtEgGy
@Feb 7 2005, 04:14 PM
[post=457539]Quoted post[/post]​

what are you asking for them, I might be interested if he isn't. LMK

matt
[post=457546]Quoted post[/post]​

$200 not shipped for both, but where are you located because im willing to meet you. but shipping shouldnt be that much anyway.

Back