1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice plz

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by mrdrewlash24, Apr 12, 2010.

1. mrdrewlash24

mrdrewlash24 New Member

just got a 1996 civic ex wat shud i do to it , i wanna make 200-250 horses wit no tubro any ideas

2. 8secHonda

8secHonda New Member

NOS will help u .. lol i personally am uneasy bout nos i seen what can happen to a car if it isnt installed properly.. i assume u have the 1.6 vtec right ? that engine makes 127hp @6600 rpm youll need more than nos the acheive ur goal.. maybe some headwork and prolly aftermarket cams.. good luck bro

3. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

well, with that kind of hp goals and no turbo, your gona have to build the shit out of any motor you swap in there other than a k series, but if you swap to go b series it could be had with a supercharger or built out the ass. or for around 10 grand drop in a k series with k pro and your done.

4. ricksautomotive

ricksautomotive honda dealer tech

yeah i have a project similar to yours. a word of advice would to research your build. things like cylinder sleeves, custom pistons with skirt coatings, double oil er wrist pins, high performance connecting rods, head work, performance head bolts, fuel system set ups, throttle bodies, possibly balance shaft removal, compression ratios, and more will have to be researched. do you have a budjet for this build? 250 hp cannot be done easily without a budget of like 7 grand minimum

5. Dark93DX

Dark93DX New Member

Go K-series.

6. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Answer this first: what is your budget? (i.e. how much money do you have to spend on this?)

Answer that question, and then we will be able to tell you if your goals are even possible or not...

7. mrdrewlash24

mrdrewlash24 New Member

Thanks dudes but I anit got seven gs so I guess ill go wit the b series or a k swap wit headers ,pistonsand exhuast work maybe a small turbo not to big cuz they a a pain to take car but anymore ideas I also want it to handle these moutain turns like it was there

8. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

whats your budget

9. Dark93DX

Dark93DX New Member

Well there is a big difference between swapping a B-series vs a K-series, I suggested K-series b/c you never gave a budget, only an NA Hp goal.

whats you biggest concern? Money? 200-250whp? Turbo or NA?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted