Advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

korey

Can anyone sugest a good lowering spring. I was originally going to have tokico illuminas with skunk2 coilovers but after some sugestions, I guess that setup wont be very comfortable. So, I need to know some suggestions of a spring to go with my tokico illuminas. These will be going on my 97 dx coupe. thanx.

First off what are you lookign for the car to do? Daily driver with some track time? Or are you looking for an all out road hugging kind of ride?

well I've loved my KYB agx w/ neuspeed sport springs set-up.
if I'm looking to go to autox I can adjust the shocks a little stiffer and make for some descent handeling, then when I wanna take my wife out on the town I can adjust the shocks a little softer as not to bruise her ass.

it's somewhat inexpensive and versitile.

:werd:
dennis' setup is very nice for an agressive daily driver setup that will see some autoX use

Originally posted by korey@Feb 13 2004, 05:37 PM
Its gonna be a daily driver with some track time, Still want really good handling though.

try the full tokico setup you can buy from Options Auto Salon. it's like $350 for everything and rides well.

Tein if you have the cash(which really isn't taht much when its all said and done) or Eibach pro kit if you are on more of a budget.

matt

would tokico illuminas with neuspeed springs be good for well rounded driving? (daily driving/some drag strip/some autocross.?)

My sugestion is Tein Basic dampers, they almost the exact same thing as the Tein SS, however they do not have the 16 way adjustability. I have them and I like them a lot.

Try the Tanabe GF210 Grip Form springs. They lower the car 1.5 in. front and rear and handle wonderfully. You won't be disappointed.

Besides springs, shocks, coilovers, etc, what else could I do to improve the handling/driveability of my car? (i.e. sway/strut bars, bushings, etc?) Let me know what you guys think.

Besides springs, shocks, coilovers, etc, what else could I do to improve the handling/driveability of my car? (i.e. sway/strut bars, bushings, etc?) Let me know what you guys think.

c pillar bar goes on the c pillar which is right behind the back seat passengers heads... goes across the inside of your car... and i would suggest besides what has been said.. low pro tires... and maybe lighten the car if you can...

and for both our sakes.. does anyone know how much a c pillar bar helps the handling??

Back