AEBS vs skunk2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

AEBS typhoon intake manifold claims 12-15hp more than a type-R manifold which the skunk2 manifold pretty much is. Ok these are the claims, can anyone back these up or is it more like AEBS

Im looking for a manifold for my B16 that will give me some good midrange power and also not to break the bank. This AEBS manifold is $100 cheap and they claim more! Give a guy a little advice, Im new to the Bseries!

If you live in California, I would go with skunk2 as they have a carb sticker. Otherwise there are a lot of people who run the AEBS manifold with no problems, and they push some good numbers on the dyno.

Hmmm.all the claims I have seen are that they make 2-4hp over the Type R, and several more over the stock say B16A manifold, never heard of them making 10 over the ITRs.

in the aebs website it says average of 20.7hp gain; but it doesnt say "typhoon"

I'd get the AEBS unit. Regardless of gains, it is cheaper than the Skunk version and AEBS is a much better company as far as customer service and R&D go.

Back