aem a/f gauge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolidDreamz

I got my NARROW band a/f gauge installed and must I say that i think its a piece of crap and a waste of money. The thing only reads right under 80% open Throttle when the pcm isnt in closed loop and on top of that the average car is gonna be rich under hard acceleration anyway. so whats the point? Look at the pretty colors?
Not to mention when i take my foot of the gas it eventually just reads lean or doesnt light up at all for a sec then just goes back to jumping around as the stock pcm map changes a/f for the right exhaust emissions, I bet you couldnt even use this gauge to help tune your car. I regret even buying one, guess i better start saving for an AEM UEGO. Any comments take a shot, im just hating.

Quoted post[/post]]
I bet you couldnt even use this gauge to help tune your car. I regret even buying one, guess i better start saving for an AEM UEGO. Any comments take a shot, im just hating.
Oh god no. It won't help at all with tuning your car. As you mentioned....it's pretty much there for the pretty colors.

Sorry to hear that you learned the hard way. Most of us have learned the hard way on many occasions. :)

I wouldnt even go with the AEM Yugo...

They read non linear if you output them to an ECU, and they use the same Bosch sensor every other Wideband on the market uses except AEM got stupid and used a different plug end on their sensor so you have to buy it from them if you need a replacement...fags!

:werd:

get an lc-1 or lm-1 if you want the display :)

innovative > *

The best way to tune a car = A/F gauge + wideband 02.

If you are running an N/A honda with bolt-ons, this product was a total waste for you.

a/f gauges are worthless unless its on the wideband unit itself.

/thread

Quoted post[/post]]
A/F gauge + wideband 02.

why both?
overkill eh?

I am one of those paranoid freaks who would want to know EXACTLY what is going on at all times on my car. . . especially if i had the car tuned at any level above stock.

My S14 is not tuned at all (boltons/ebc dont = tuning) so its not a big deal that i do not have a a/f & wideband setup yet.

However with any level of tuning above what i have now (i.e. GT28 turbo, SAFC, Larger injectors) i would want to get the most accurate readings possible to make sure everything runs safely.

um, a narrow band is fucking worthless dude....

a lollipop will give you a more accurate reading of your a/f ratio if you stuck it in your tailpipe

good to know...

*puts lollipop back in his mouth*

Quoted post[/post]]
um, a narrow band is fucking worthless dude....

a lollipop will give you a more accurate reading of your a/f ratio if you stuck it in your tailpipe

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt there a wideband 02 mod you can do to an Autometer A/F gauge to make it read accurately?

I thought there was a sensor you could buy and plug the A/F gauge into it so it would read properly.

Back