1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aem Cai Vs Injen

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Accordturbo94, May 28, 2003.

1. Accordturbo94

Accordturbo94 Senior Member

Hey I wanted a AEM cold air in a chrome but no one seems to have it so i thought about getting an Injen!! Are they pretty much the same or should i just wait untill the middle of june for the AEM

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

chrome is not very good for blocking heat
    it actually holds it in
    so a chrome intake will raise the temp of your fuel air mix
    this will lower HP and depending on temp and compression can increase the chance of detonation

just want you to know what you could be getting yourself into

3. vpSPOONsol

vpSPOONsol Senior Member

4. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

what youre actually looking for is polished aluminum, not chrome. the colored ones are anodized aluminum. injen is supposed to be as good as AEM. in dyno tests, AEM's cold air beats injen's by a tiny bit, but Injen's short ram actually killed the AEM cold air. they specualte that if the car was moving, the results would be different. tests were done on an RSX in an issue of Sport Compact Car that came out about 4-6 months ago.

5. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

when it comes to intakes everyone has a different story or opinion, and yes a little while ago SCC posted that the short ram was best for the RSX, then I say another dyno where the RXS gain like 15whp from a CAI and only 5whp from the Injen SRI. Then recently I saw a dyno of a SRI beating an OEM intake and that OEM intake was beating an CAI?? WTF, it came down to a velocity/air flow situation. We know that you get cooler air with the CAI and it really works best when you get moving. My honest opinion, I don't think we will ever know which one is best, I think it might depend on what you have the motor built for I think. My vote goes for the Comptech Ice box, and that is the only thing I would buy from them.

Comptech
    [​IMG]

Milan

6. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

my friends and myself always use heat repellant tape for intakes, it's cheap and I am sure it only helps out with temperatures, you might also consider the hondata intake manifold gasket to get temps down. Oh, and who gives a fuck about looks, it is all about function baby ;) Cooler air intake temps = More power.....

Milan

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted